Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What switch do you use?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jamesmarshall

Out of interest what switches does everyone use for their pumps?

I’m using basic toggle switches currently but looking to use something more like a light switch if I can!? Never really thought about it ive still got the same switch I used from day 1!

Out of interest what switches does everyone use for their pumps?

I’m using basic toggle switches currently but looking to use something more like a light switch if I can!? Never really thought about it ive still got the same switch I used from day 1!
A light switch? Not humidity or moisture resistant and not fit for purpose

Why don't you google low voltage electronics and improve your knowledge which will save you money and ensure you have the correct kit for the job.

1, missile switches

2, IP rated rocker switches

3, isolator switches

4, SPST toggles with covers

I said something more like a light switch lol not a light switch. Even if I meant an ACTUAL light switch surely you can get one than can handle the humidity as surely it would be higher in a bathroom? 

my knowledge of electrics is plentiful for the amount I use it so thanks for the advice but I’ll pass 

Is it illegal not to use a controller then?

if it’s not correct industry hahahha

I said something more like a light switch lol not a light switch. Even if I meant an ACTUAL light switch surely you can get one than can handle the humidity as surely it would be higher in a bathroom? 

my knowledge of electrics is plentiful for the amount I use it so thanks for the advice but I’ll pass 

Just mentioning about the correct components for the job in hand.

No need to throw your toys out of the pram 

A switch in a bathroom will be 240 volt mains , the one in your van needs to be 12 volt big difference ???? and I think it’s called ip65 ?? Which means it’s splash proof 

A switch in a bathroom will be 240 volt mains , the one in your van needs to be 12 volt big difference ???? and I think it’s called ip65 ?? Which means it’s splash proof 
Wouldn’t bother mate, he's evidently more qualified than us

Electronics and chemical handling

Ok I’ll stick to my switch clearly works just fine see how many more years I can get. Failing that I’ll take the button off a controller and use that ?

didn’t know you had to be qualified to wire a pump up to a battery and a switch or To carry a Drum of chemicals around in your van you really are anal about things 

Ok I’ll stick to my switch clearly works just fine see how many more years I can get. Failing that I’ll take the button off a controller and use that ?

didn’t know you had to be qualified to wire a pump up to a battery and a switch or To carry a Drum of chemicals around in your van you really are anal about things 
Don't come on here asking for help then have a hissy fit when you don't like the answers.

The correct components says who? There is no guide book is there ? 

I wasn’t asking for help I obviously didn’t know everyone used controllers or I wouldn’t have made the thread would I? I started out without using one, it just seemed an unnecessary expense at the time and so I’ve never bothered personally

Hardly a hissy fit, don’t give condescending replies if you don’t want a response 

Back