Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What time does every body start there day ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I set off from home around 08:30 in the morning. Waking up is the worst part of the day for me, because of all the medication I have to take at night. I wish I could wake up easily in the morning.

One thing I did with customers if possible is order them depending what time was best for them. I've caught some customers still half naked walking round the house (some naked).
That's the main reason I went WFP, don't want to look inside windows tbh.

I aim to start at 08:30 but hardly ever do! Usually on the glass at 09:30.

With regards to old folk, some of them are up at the crack of dawn, and some like to lay in. I’ve got to know which ones aren’t up early and I’ll leave them until later if it’s convenient for me.

I don't how people manage to get out of the door early, I get up about 6am every morning and I'm lucky if I mange to get to my first job for 8.45am using fan jets I'd scare the old folks who like a lie in 

I set off from home around 08:30 in the morning. Waking up is the worst part of the day for me, because of all the medication I have to take at night. I wish I could wake up easily in the morning.

One thing I did with customers if possible is order them depending what time was best for them. I've caught some customers still half naked walking round the house (some naked).

Were they fit?

I get up at either 6.30 or 7. Have a pain au chocolat with a cup of coffee. Followed by a bowl of cereal or muesli then have a fried breakfast. Washed down with a cup of tea. I`m not one for getting up at the last minute. Way too stressful for me. I generally start at 8 or 9. Though one of my custys I start at 7.30.

Alarm set for 8:30

First job for 9:30 (any earlier and I end up sitting in traffic around the city)

No break, just eat while driving and finish for 2:30

Home for 3 everyday 

3 Days a week.

Some may think it’s lazy, I know lol. But I got into window cleaning for a more relaxed job, not to get rich ?

Alarm set for 8:30

First job for 9:30 (any earlier and I end up sitting in traffic around the city)

No break, just eat while driving and finish for 2:30

Home for 3 everyday 

3 Days a week.

Some may think it’s lazy, I know lol. But I got into window cleaning for a more relaxed job, not to get rich ?
Not lazy at all, 3 days a week you can earn a decent living.

On a Monday I start at 5 on my shops( not anymore) I usually have a commercial to do before I start on houses. Think I only have one day a month that I start directly on houses and I’m there by 7.30. Mind u I only do 12 days a month 
How can you start work at 730am?its dark until 830am!?....

I usually start at 9-930am...but I'm up at 630-7am...I like a leisurely breakfast and time to make a flask and packed lunch...usually home for 330pm

How can you start work at 730am?its dark until 830am!?....

I usually start at 9-930am...but I'm up at 630-7am...I like a leisurely breakfast and time to make a flask and packed lunch...usually home for 330pm
Light at 8am, that’s what time I start and always have.

The water was freezing on the patio doors of my first job though ?

Yeah I didn’t get started till 10am as it was still well below 0 in the shade at 9am when I first got to the area. The skylights & dormer windows all froze over on the first job. After that was ok. 

Wife brings us both a cup of tea in bed about 7:30, up about 8, wash, downstairs for a bowl of porridge. Another cup of tea after. Son arrives around 8:45. We leave the house around 9 ish. Work straight through without stopping, unless we have a big soapwash to do, in which case we'll have brought some sandwiches to eat just before. Usually finished our work and on our way back by around 3pm. Fill up tank, plug in heater. Finished, In for a brew after about 10~15 minutes.

Done the early mornings- 4am rises to drive artic bulkers. Lucky to leave the yard for home by 6:30 pm.

6 am rises to work on utilities and pipelines, 10~14 hour days. Before those careers, 9pm ~ 5am nights running burger vans through the night.

Almost 65 years of age now. I reckon I've earned the right to start later and finish my work day having done shorter hours. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wife brings us both a cup of tea in bed about 7:30, up about 8, wash, downstairs for a bowl of porridge. Another cup of tea after. Son arrives around 8:45. We leave the house around 9 ish. Work straight through without stopping, unless we have a big soapwash to do, in which case we'll have brought some sandwiches to eat just before. Usually finished our work and on our way back by around 3pm. Fill up tank, plug in heater. Finished, In for a brew after about 10~15 minutes.

Done the early mornings- 4am rises to drive artic bulkers. Lucky to leave the yard for home by 6:30 pm.

6 am rises to work on utilities and pipelines, 10~14 hour days. Before those careers, 9pm ~ 5am nights running burger vans through the night.

Almost 65 years of age now. I reckon I've earned the right to start later and finish my work day having done shorter hours. ?
I've done the 6 x 12 hour night and day shifts working on furnaces. Done the 7 day weeks running a big family business. So 5 or 6 hours a day, except when working away, and days off at the end of month are enough for me nowadays, oh to be young again, you could make serious money doing 40 hour weeks.

Back