Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What vans do you use?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

i cant believe no one has mentioned the transit connect L2 240 limited van......great vans..they look the part to....ideal for  a 500L tank for a sole operator(936kg payload)....the roof is lower than the old style T230 so easier to get ladders off when needed....plenty of room for poles in the back without cutting into the bulkhead....
The new 2019 240lwb LTD model is now reduced to only now 675kg, Fact.

Checked on Grippatank site.....my sons just bought one 

Covered 14000miles in an 18plate dispatch which is the same as the peugeot and toyota. Ours is medium wheelbase, just over 1000kgs payload with twin sliding doors. Very easy size as slightly smaller than vivaro/nissan/renault type van.

I hired a vivaro brand new for a few days and found the actual drive and interior fit out much worse by comparison.

1) Suspension felt much harsher with and without load. Checked underneath and it didn't have independent rear suspension where as dispatch does.

2) Gearbox felt very heavy and van like whereas dispatch is much smoother and refined.

Not massively noticeable things but after a couple of days I was glad to get back into the dispatch.

The dispatch like some other vans is based on a car chassis I believe and that must contribute to it's more refined feel.

Not something I thought I would notice until I went from one to the other but worth noting from my personal experience of newer vans.

Was in a friends vito and was surprised how great the interior quality was. 

The new 2019 240lwb LTD model is now reduced to only now 675kg, Fact.

Checked on Grippatank site.....my sons just bought one 
mines 936kg......i very much doubt ford would reduce the payload of their LWB connect by such a huge amount....the T230 i had before was 906kg payload......

if your sons just bought one then he needs to send it back and get another one if its true.....that payload is too low for wfp IMO....?

Sprinters and vitos are rust buckets I have had both they are nice vans but boy do they rust bad 
I have read that before and seen it with the Sprinters rusting really badly. My mk 1 Vito also suffered badly from rust but was as reliable as anything upto the time I sold it about 3 years ago with huge mileage on. 

I now have 2 Vitos : work van is 2005 former Cannon Hygiene fleet vehicle. 

Campervan is 2009 panel van conversion. Tiniest bit of rust on the work van and I haven't seen any on the campervan. My overall experience of the Vitos is 5star. 

Maybe I've been lucky. I don't know. 

Last edited by a moderator:
What’s wrong with these millionaire window cleaners , it’s only bit of rust , do what PJJ does he buys a new one when spot of rust appears ?

Scottish power window cleaner only needs to secure a solar clean with new mesh and he’s half way to his new van ?

Why does no one buy a nearly new German van? Not much goes wrong with them that's why big delivery firms have them. Buy French and you are buying trouble with electrics. fwiw
Because they are overpriced, in fact all vans are overpriced IMHO if you compare a van for say 20k compared to a car for the same price you get a whole load more put into a car, personally I could never justify the inflated prices on a new or nearly new van, to a point it really doesn't matter what you buy or what badge it has everything has the potential to develop a fault of some kind 

I've got a 5 year old Peugeot Partner and have had it for over 2 years, I chose it not through choice (I fancied a Caddy) but because it had an exceptional payload. Having read the reviews I expected it to throw up some problems but it hasn't lost me a day's work and has passed 2 MOTs with no advisories. I think the key is to check it's history to make sure it's been looked after and then to look after it yourself. Beyond that I think there is a bit of luck involved in getting a good one.

Because they are overpriced, in fact all vans are overpriced IMHO if you compare a van for say 20k compared to a car for the same price you get a whole load more put into a car, personally I could never justify the inflated prices on a new or nearly new van, to a point it really doesn't matter what you buy or what badge it has everything has the potential to develop a fault of some kind 
what do cars have that vans dont?i have air con,parking sensors,heated drivers seat,heated front windscreen,active city stop,hillstart assist,bluetooth...the list goes on.....

my car(golf GTD 2018)just has a bigger more powerful engine and its a lot faster than the van but they retail at around £30k brand new with metallic paint work...

Sprinters and vitos are rust buckets I have had both they are nice vans but boy do they rust bad 

Watched a video on utube about the reason they rust under the black trim. There are factory holes under the trim and they have covered them up with sticky paper. After a few years the paper rots and the rust begins. You need to take the trim off and cover them up with plastic and use body repair silicon.

what do cars have that vans dont?i have air con,parking sensors,heated drivers seat,heated front windscreen,active city stop,hillstart assist,bluetooth...the list goes on.....

my car(golf GTD 2018)just has a bigger more powerful engine and its a lot faster than the van but they retail at around £30k brand new with metallic paint work...

I should have worded it better my bad, so let's look at a entry level car at say £13,500 you can get get a touchscreen display dab radio, air con and reversing camera, a entry level van is typically more expensive around £18,000 but is usually a no frills tin can with a basic interior. 

My views have changed over the years as to what I consider worthwhile spending my money on, but I am 44 years old now and want my mortgage paying off by the time I am 50. 

Watched a video on utube about the reason they rust under the black trim. There are factory holes under the trim and they have covered them up with sticky paper. After a few years the paper rots and the rust begins. You need to take the trim off and cover them up with plastic and use body repair silicon.
Good tip. Thank you. 

I should have worded it better my bad, so let's look at a entry level car at say £13,500 you can get get a touchscreen display dab radio, air con and reversing camera, a entry level van is typically more expensive around £18,000 but is usually a no frills tin can with a basic interior. 

My views have changed over the years as to what I consider worthwhile spending my money on, but I am 44 years old now and want my mortgage paying off by the time I am 50. 
Talking of cars, have you noticed it’s always the fit, tasty, young girls that drive the little hot hatchbacks?

Which reminds me, the m.o.t is due on the wife’s transit ?.

Pub time. Have a great weekend fellow windies ?

Talking of cars, have you noticed it’s always the fit, tasty, young girls that drive the little hot hatchbacks?

Which reminds me, the m.o.t is due on the wife’s transit ?.

Pub time. Have a great weekend fellow windies ?

My wife drives a little hatchback ?

Back