Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What vans do you use?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

You'd still needs steps to get the ladder off ?

I had a brand new Citroen Dispatch LWB 150 Professional Plus on order and it was £22.4k OTR That's virtually top of the range and £4.5k cheaper ?

Yes i I looked at the Citroen , they were quoting 8 months delivery time and wouldn’t guarantee that , I also looked at the Peugeot, but decided to go with the Toyota it has every conceivable extra and I preferred the look of it to the other two vans  , and was the shortest waiting time , hopefully it will be reliable ??? time will tell . That price includes 5 years servicing including all parts but not things like tyres or brake pads but everything else is included , it’s still a lot of money I accept that but I think all vehicles are grossly overpriced 

Last edited by a moderator:
i cant believe no one has mentioned the transit connect L2 240 limited van......great vans..they look the part to....ideal for  a 500L tank for a sole operator(936kg payload)....the roof is lower than the old style T230 so easier to get ladders off when needed....plenty of room for poles in the back without cutting into the bulkhead....

Vauxhall Vivaro, My machanic sell the vans and showed me older transits and they were all full of rust. Not spot on my vivaro. Cant say what the newer transits are like maybe they are better.

I’ve got a Transit Custom 290 2014, Two new Experts and a new LWB Dispatch. I looked at buying another Custom but compared to the Peugeot they are poor value for money and the payloads are very low until you the much higher priced models. The latest Expert Prifessional was £15k plus the VAT. Outstanding value. 

Yes i I looked at the Citroen , they were quoting 8 months delivery time and wouldn’t guarantee that , I also looked at the Peugeot, but decided to go with the Toyota it has every conceivable extra and I preferred the look of it to the other two vans  , and was the shortest waiting time , hopefully it will be reliable ??? time will tell . That price includes 5 years servicing including all parts but not things like tyres or brake pads but everything else is included , it’s still a lot of money I accept that but I think all vehicles are grossly overpriced 
Goes to show which is the most popular van by the waiting times. All the same vans just with different badges. 

I agree. In 2002 we were selling brand new 1.9d Citroen Relays for £7995 + VAT.

Goes to show which is the most popular van by the waiting times. All the same vans just with different badges. 

Sometimes but not always. The factory can change models on the production lines very quickly to suit demand.

Toyota will always be at a disadvantage buying product off the PSA (Peugeot and Citroen) production lines as they will tend to supply self first. PSA wouldn't want to see Toyota outselling them in the market place as that would be rather embarrassing for them.

Marketing also plays a big part in driving sales in the overall direction the company wants to go. So they also have to look after the used van market as well and try to push those values up. One way is the limit the production of new vehicle to just below demand. Mercedes first started that by limiting production to around 5% of demand. I don't know what that percentage is now tbh, but its probably higher. BMW followed suit when they saw how successful it was.

The other thing is that making a top model brand more desireable is to really limit production. They all want their product to become a icon as VW has become with the old camper van and its new younger brother.

There is no way that there should be a lead time of 8 months. There is another game at play. They have maybe switched production away from manufacturing vehicles for the UK market because they don't know what the UK's relationship is going to be like after Brexit. They might also fear what the French public's opinion of the UK will be so they are playing it safe.

When Rhodesia declared independence from Britian back in the 1960's most European manufacturers stopped suppling product to that country. Renault didn't but Citroen, Fiat, GM, Ford and Leyland did. The Japanese filled the gap.

The big problem with the Citroen / Peugeot / Toyota supply is that they have been transferring production to the Vauxhall plant. The "new" Vivaro is exactly the same as the previous 3. I also think sales are far higher than expected which has compounded the problem. I "bought" mine on January 31st with a build date scheduled for end of March and delivery mid April. I received an email on Monday May 13th saying there had been a safety recall, brake calipers, and they didn't know when it would be fixed, where the van was and when I would get it.  I gave them till first week June or I would cancel, which I ended up doing, if I'd bought the Peugeot model it would've been delivered on time. 

The big problem with the Citroen / Peugeot / Toyota supply is that they have been transferring production to the Vauxhall plant. The "new" Vivaro is exactly the same as the previous 3. I also think sales are far higher than expected which has compounded the problem. I "bought" mine on January 31st with a build date scheduled for end of March and delivery mid April. I received an email on Monday May 13th saying there had been a safety recall, brake calipers, and they didn't know when it would be fixed, where the van was and when I would get it.  I gave them till first week June or I would cancel, which I ended up doing, if I'd bought the Peugeot model it would've been delivered on time. 

The new vivaro is the same as the Peugeot Citroen and Toyota is that what you mean ??? I have the brochure  for it and it doesn’t look anything like the same internal dimensions are totally differently ???? Not seen it in the flesh yet at last they have Seen since and got rid of that stupid 1:6 engine and gone back to the 2:0 

The new vivaro is the same as the Peugeot Citroen and Toyota is that what you mean ??? I have the brochure  for it and it doesn’t look anything like the same internal dimensions are totally differently ???? Not seen it in the flesh yet at last they have Seen since and got rid of that stupid 1:6 engine and gone back to the 2:0 
By all accounts they are one and the same. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.parkers.co.uk/amp/vans-pickups/news/2019/new-vauxhall-vivaro-pictures-info-spec-details/

Just gone from a car to a renault kangoo, lovely little van, mines the 850 payload, same length as my car. Full steel bulkhead, only issue was that the poles were a bit too long, but a 4 inch hole saw dealt with that problem. 

You need to know your budget and then the size of tank you need or wish to fit this will then give your options.

I have a transit custom I personally think it's a great van.The custom is a much, much better drive than the vivaro but the vauxhall is probably 4- 5k cheaper.

Got a 2017 dispatch 2.0 150bhp, it’s the enterprise plus. 

Amazing van van and is a million times better than a transit. My brothers a ford master tech so I know how **** they really are, he is doing 3 - 4 new engines a week on them, that’s without taking into consideration the cost of the van compared to others.

might still be selling my dispatch shortly if anyone is interested?

Got a 2017 dispatch 2.0 150bhp, it’s the enterprise plus. 

Amazing van van and is a million times better than a transit. My brothers a ford master tech so I know how **** they really are, he is doing 3 - 4 new engines a week on them, that’s without taking into consideration the cost of the van compared to others.

might still be selling my dispatch shortly if anyone is interested?

Yes I totally agree I didn’t like the drive of the transit at all very choppy ride , noisy and scoffs fuel ,seat squab to short doesn’t support your thighs ,  looks nice though ,  

Back