Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What would you charge

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mattlekim

Hi I'm wondering how my prices stack against you. Want to make sure I'm not way out.

This is south Yorkshire.

I got asked for price for Windows and conservatory and veluxs and solar pannels

IMG_20220610_123205.jpgIMG_20220610_125437.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220610_124124.jpg
    IMG_20220610_124124.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20220610_125349.jpg
    IMG_20220610_125349.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 20
I see you've done it, how much did you charge? 3 poles on the job too? at least you got a cuppa. If access out the back was straightforward it looks easy. Cant see all the conny but looks small. 7 or so windows and easy conny ones so without the panels a 15 minute job max. so 15 quid, but with the panels add on 20/25. I cant see the job would take 1 man more than an hour. prob more like 40 minutes.

I see you've done it, how much did you charge? 3 poles on the job too? at least you got a cuppa. If access out the back was straightforward it looks easy. Cant see all the conny but looks small. 7 or so windows and easy conny ones so without the panels a 15 minute job max. so 15 quid, but with the panels add on 20/25. I cant see the job would take 1 man more than an hour. prob more like 40 minutes.
Yea got it. ended up charging £14 for all windows. Only used 2 poles 3rd one was just there because we took it round by mistake.

Ended up quoting 40 for pannels and got it. Once a year job. Took about 50 minutes total, but everything was very dirty

Yea got it. ended up charging £14 for all windows. Only used 2 poles 3rd one was just there because we took it round by mistake.

Ended up quoting 40 for pannels and got it. Once a year job. Took about 50 minutes total, but everything was very dirty
Sounds about right that, never done solar panels but that seems ok, for your way. Around my way it would be £20 to £25 without the solar panels, windows are pretty straight forward look relatively new nice to work on and no fiddly sills.

Just careful of those vents because when they don't cover the width of the glass they drip down from the edges and leave spots on the glass. I just avoid the vent and clean everything else if they are shorter than the width of the glass.

My first round was vents on every window. They are a pane in the backside. Lol
I did a first clean yesterday that was destroyed by vents. They were the worst type, no getting around it, just showered spots all over the nice clean glass. I did explain that it would happen when I quoted and customer said fine go ahead, but I hate seeing it like that. Whoever designed them that way needs shooting.

I did a first clean yesterday that was destroyed by vents. They were the worst type, no getting around it, just showered spots all over the nice clean glass. I did explain that it would happen when I quoted and customer said fine go ahead, but I hate seeing it like that. Whoever designed them that way needs shooting.
Yep. If I pick up a first clean near other jobs and it has bad vents. I'll clean the windows and vents fully. Then go and come back an hour later when they have dried. Then I just clean the windows. Iv found I'm faster this way

I did a few first cleans this week and I cleaned the windows 3 times and never received a complaint. Used to clean them twice and received a complaint the next day and I use hot water. Its a learning curve and if you can spend 30mins on the first clean then you should get a great result, it might be overkill but anything's better than an angry text.

I did a few first cleans this week and I cleaned the windows 3 times and never received a complaint. Used to clean them twice and received a complaint the next day and I use hot water. Its a learning curve and if you can spend 30mins on the first clean then you should get a great result, it might be overkill but anything's better than an angry text.
I clean them twice with pure and I never get complaints, I inspect all the windows myself before leaving the job, takes a bit of time but I think it's my job to ensure the windows are clean it's not the customers job.

If you check your own work then you pick up on bits that you've missed and then you adapt your technique so it doesn't happen again as you don't want to be constantly going over your work. Rare these days that I see anything that is not right but I still inspect them just to be sure.

I too like to check my work. I do it a few times a day. And always on a first clean.

I also warn my customers on a first clean the because I'm doing a deep clean of all the frames there my be an odd mark that's come of the frame after I leave. If they do spot any I'll come back. Never had a complete for a first clean.

I too like to check my work. I do it a few times a day. And always on a first clean.

I also warn my customers on a first clean the because I'm doing a deep clean of all the frames there my be an odd mark that's come of the frame after I leave. If they do spot any I'll come back. Never had a complete for a first clean.
Yeah that's good, that's what I tell them, it's very good to communicate potential problems from the outset and just makes life easier further down the line. I tell them any problems and let me know but other than a few when I first started (which actually were vent problems) I've not had any complaints.

£35 quid for that, £15 for house windows - stick on a fiver for the conserv, solar panels i charge between 1.50 and 3£ per panel dependant on access - these are piece of **** so i'd charge the low end

Latest Posts

Back