Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Would You Charge

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Nice one....Good greif I thought I was expensive. Do we call you daddy Smurf from now on :laugh:

Just finished one that's exactly the same today! Not including the pressure washing I charged her £400 and she was chuffed to bits! I thought I was pushing my luck when I quoted her but she kept saying she wanted the best clean possible, so took a leaf out of smurfs book and charged accordingly!

Just finished one that's exactly the same today! Not including the pressure washing I charged her £400 and she was chuffed to bits! I thought I was pushing my luck when I quoted her but she kept saying she wanted the best clean possible, so took a leaf out of smurfs book and charged accordingly!
how long did the job take u bud ?

Haha daddy Smurf!! I've def been to the Smurf school of quoting! She said she wanted the best, so charged her for the best! I charged her £200 for her conservatory (deep cleaned and was filthy) then £120 for a deep clean of fascias, Soffits and Gutters, then £80 to empty her gutters on house and above garage, plus 2 small repairs :rolleyes:

Well not quite £500 plus but you should still consider taking on all the services I can offer including pressure washing.
Why you say cause that chap already has a regular window cleaner like so many other customers of mine. Go figure :laugh:
yes your right smurf.....

been looking at pressure washers. £1200, though.

been told to get one with a cluch.....

8 hours mate, but did stop for quite a few teas and a sausage baguette!
400 for a days work. nice going.....

did u find it easy going ?

i find some marks really hard to come off upvc.

what cleaning stuff do u use

400 for a days work. nice going.....did u find it easy going ?

i find some marks really hard to come off upvc.

what cleaning stuff do u use
Yeah was a very nice day! Though I don't often get jobs that big! The conservatory took the most time, was a fair size and glass roof. I gave the whole lot good soak with virosol then used the pure on it. As for any stubborn marks I use a cream from a company local to me called Mr Plastic. The stuff is amazing and made by people that manufacture upvc so I figure they must know what they're doing haha!

£440 is no too bad Smurf, id have gone in higher, I never email quotes I go too house and write the quote down on a pad and hand it over to customer, I always go in wee bit higher than what I hope too get for job then if they ooh and aaaah I might knock a bit off, if not , happy days , I get em to sign quote and I keep a copy, I still reckon you coulda got £500 for that job and the sanding on top but like you say its no a bad earner aw the same

Yep I would normally give the price while doing the quote there and then so would have also a built in margin to haggle. However on that one I squeezed the quote in before I had a full day work ahead so was in a bit of a rush. :laugh:

£440 is no too bad Smurf, id have gone in higher, I never email quotes I go too house and write the quote down on a pad and hand it over to customer, I always go in wee bit higher than what I hope too get for job then if they ooh and aaaah I might knock a bit off, if not , happy days , I get em to sign quote and I keep a copy, I still reckon you coulda got £500 for that job and the sanding on top but like you say its no a bad earner aw the same

I bet you used your new conservatory ladder too :laugh:

Haha daddy Smurf!! I've def been to the Smurf school of quoting! She said she wanted the best, so charged her for the best! I charged her £200 for her conservatory (deep cleaned and was filthy) then £120 for a deep clean of fascias, Soffits and Gutters, then £80 to empty her gutters on house and above garage, plus 2 small repairs :rolleyes:

smurf can i ask, how do you pick up these deep clean jobs ?

do you do alot of advertising about full deep cleans ?

over the years ive only done customers or friends of customer as i dont advertised,

but i would sooner clean facias and gutter cleaning as one offs them build my window cleaning round

I don't spend a penny on advertising.

I don't do door knocking or leaflet dropping.

I don't have my van sign written either.

Can you guess how I get work?

smurfs the man in his area he does a good job and every 1 knows about him and they always want work of him doing cos they no they get moneys worth out of him cos hes a grafter

looool

Yep H if you offer a quality exterior deep cleaning service you will never be short of work.

I have built up a niche market in my area that no other can match :laugh:

So hope I have helped a few of you lads see the potential in what I do...

smurfs the man in his area he does a good job and every 1 knows about him and they always want work of him doing cos they no they get moneys worth out of him cos hes a grafter
looool

Word of mouth works great for me but not forgetting I have a good website that generate lots more work too :laugh:

word of mouth then........best way, i think ive got about 80% of my customers that way,

Yep H if you offer a quality exterior deep cleaning service you will never be short of work.I have built up a niche market in my area that no other can match :laugh:

So hope I have helped a few of you lads see the potential in what I do...
the problem i have is ones it done they dont need doing again for years,
i was looking at a bungalow i did this time last year in all that sun we had and today it still look great,

cant see it needing doing again for years,

I have no problem with that to be honest as you can pickup loads of new work each month. Also what I call regulars that want work doing every year or so. Not to mention regular window cleaning that you can pickup too but to be honest I can't be really arsed to do.

the problem i have is ones it done they dont need doing again for years,
i was looking at a bungalow i did this time last year in all that sun we had and today it still look great,

cant see it needing doing again for years,

Now the sun is out more will ask about it. I'm just trying to design a flyer to give to all my customers to remind them of all the services we do. I have a petrol washer in the shed, but don't advertise for it, so going to mention this is a new service we offer.. I have done a few power washing jobs but no1 knows about it.

Now the sun is out more will ask about it. I'm just trying to design a flyer to give to all my customers to remind them of all the services we do. I have a petrol washer in the shed, but don't advertise for it, so going to mention this is a new service we offer.. I have done a few power washing jobs but no1 knows about it.

Back