Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Whats with the sudden mosquito army??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Baldmonkey

Over the past week ive been bitten badly 3 times by mosies and they seem to be everywhere all of a sudden here in the northwest...anyone else having a sudden issue?? anything anyone has found as a good repellent besides the usual advertised..Im sure they are coming out the lawns in a morning

Over the past week ive been bitten badly 3 times by mosies and they seem to be everywhere all of a sudden here in the northwest...anyone else having a sudden issue?? anything anyone has found as a good repellent besides the usual advertised..Im sure they are coming out the lawns in a morning
You could be onto something. Last week I felt like I was bitten twice simultaneously on the same leg - once at the top other on the calf. Stung for most of the afternoon! I have never suffered from insect bites either in UK or abroad but I was definitely bitten the other day by something!
North West here too!

Ah a fellow northwestian, where abouts you from? I'm just outside Warrington.?
Yeah me too, never get bit apart from the odd rogue horsefly once a year, now been bitten once on each calf muscle and another just below the knee.
Must have something to do with grass that we go on or plants/bush's we brush past.

According to the boffins, it's only the female mosies that bite and they are after the nutrients found in the blood to lays their eggs... Could be "spawning" season if that's at all the correct terminology?

Ah a fellow northwestian, where abouts you from? I'm just outside Warrington.?
Yeah me too, never get bit apart from the odd rogue horsefly once a year, now been bitten once on each calf muscle and another just below the knee.
Must have something to do with grass that we go on or plants/bush's we brush past.

According to the boffins, it's only the female mosies that bite and they are after the nutrients found in the blood to lays their eggs... Could be "spawning" season if that's at all the correct terminology?
I grew up in Wallasey, moved south for 20 years (Kent and Surry) then to Sunny Blackpool - well just inland about 1.5 miles.
The garden where I was bitten has lots of buckets and water butts to collect rainwater to water the garden which has masses of plants and not a lot of lawn. Mossies does sound probable but I was bitten through my trousers! Not been bitten again since ?

There's loads of the buggers everywhere at the moment. My Dad lives in Scotland so I'm used to the midge's there, but I'm south coast of England and there's alot here.

Latest Posts

Back