Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which wfp to buy

WCF

Help Support WCF:

the only issue i had with my tecbuk was the over sized stock wich i took a hack saw to :cool: the new ones dont have a over hang so i here:) there said my bit:cool::hiding::rofl:

Does anyone know where I can buy a bullshitehair brush as I'm darned if I can find one on gardiners site? :rolleyes:

I would try a Tecbuk to check it out but I use Quick-Loq necks.
You can still use this combination. The only problem is that the spacing for Tecbuk screws is different from the Gardiner ones. So, I just re-drilled my gardiner quick-Loq brush fitting to fit on the Tecbuk brush, and it worked just fine.

I do love those gardiners quick-loq fittings as makes any wfp so versatile./emoticons/smile.png

You can still use this combination. The only problem is that the spacing for Tecbuk screws is different from the Gardiner ones. So, I just re-drilled my gardiner quick-Loq brush fitting to fit on the Tecbuk brush, and it worked just fine.
:whistle::whistle: I did mention this to RiceRocket a while ago, but for some reason he didn't fancy doing it /emoticons/smile.png.

I do love those gardiners quick-loq fittings as makes any wfp so versatile./emoticons/smile.png

You spend your time (hours) and make your money by cleaning; and not by removing then reattaching brushes or other attachments all day.

:whistle:

You spend your time (hours) and make your money by cleaning; and not by removing then reattaching brushes or other attachments all day.:whistle:
It takes seconds to change to a more suitable brush when using Gardiners equipment @Richard. I had an Unger pole with a Vikan brick on it when I started. It was a nightmare to change brushes. Gardiners equipment has enabled me to work so much faster.

I'm sorry mate, but you are coming across as a bit sour.

you mean the brushes arent just supposed to fall off every now and then....twice and counting...if it happens again...i will not be amused especially if it fell off up above my head.../emoticons/sad.png cheapnpainful..

We all work in different ways AND speed Richard.

To right, couldn’t agree more

Changing any make of bush & any attachments is easy and quick, by just doing 2 things.

Disconnect the pole hose from a quick release Y piece and remove the adjustable angle adapter from the pole, replace with a different brush set with angle adapter.

Any brush set up I need is there in the van, already assembled waiting to be attached to the pole.

I always keep 12 brushes hanging up ready to be used in the workshop, with different size extension, gooseneck, and bristles, trim finishes etc. I take with me what I need, if I do need any that day.

It takes seconds to change to a more suitable brush when using Gardiners equipment @Richard. I had an Unger pole with a Vikan brick on it when I started. It was a nightmare to change brushes. Gardiners equipment has enabled me to work so much faster.
I'm sorry mate, but you are coming across as a bit sour.

Fair enough though, you may save a minute over my set up, when you change a brush.

I use lots of different tools & methods with a quick-loq system so is very handy not just for changing wfp brushes Richard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good thread!!!!

I finished last week using a gardiners medium hybrid, bloody good brush.......slow??? Nope good scrubbing power??? Yes but could do with being a tiny bit stiffer

My only mild bug bear with the new extreme range is the splay of the bristles allows the stock to close to the window, so its easy to bang and clang on the frames whereas the original extremes just sit a few mm higher off the glass and therefore you can be a bit more indiscriminate with brushing

Richard, i definitely will try one of your brushes as i like to try any bit of gear that improves cleaning, but have a couple of concerns..... The time old weight issue, if i remember rightly the new range weighs roughly the same as a Gardiners sill, well when i use the sill on the swivel neck it becomes hard to control, as even adjusted for the extra weight it still wants to spin perpendicular to the pole, but my main concern is if i get one and it cleans no better than any of my other brushes then i would feel like i have just bought a brush that might get used a few times for very specific jobs.

Also i think you are being a little harsh on the gardiner brand, for maintenance cleaning i think they have sewn up the market, i think they have matched weight and scrubbing ability nearly perfectly but each individual requires a little bit something different.

I havent tried vikans or ungers to be honest my first brush was a proclean brick, i then got an extreme, it will take a very very special brush to beat them, and if yours is that brush i will sing its praises for you and forever more, i have spent a fair bit on brushes over the past year and only wish you could try before you buy as it would've saved me at least £120

Richard, on your site it doesnt mention which is your new range, i have just ordered on of these
http://www.tecbuk.com/products/duel-trim-hybrid-brush-red-polyester-with-boars-hair-in-centre-1

I take it that the smaller stock denotes the lighter version? If not please could you ring me before sending my order out so i can have the newer version.

I very much look forward to trying one of your brushes and comparing it to my other brushes

It will be the newer version Hybrid.

The photos on the website haven’t been updated since the original brush came out in 2010. I will get around (one day) to updating the photography.

I hope you do get on with the Hybrid brush, it can be used faster, with its 100% coverage/spread on the glass and fewer brush strokes, and it does have the Boars Hair in the centre to scrub with. Turn your water flow up and be confident you can move on to the next pane of glass much sooner than you normally would.

Cheers, Richard.

It will be the newer version Hybrid.

The photos on the website haven’t been updated since the original brush came out in 2010. I will get around (one day) to updating the photography.

I hope you do get on with the Hybrid brush, it can be used faster, with its 100% coverage/spread on the glass and fewer brush strokes, and it does have the Boars Hair in the centre to scrub with. Turn your water flow up and be confident you can move on to the next pane of glass much sooner than you normally would.

Cheers, Richard.
Nice one, cant wait

ta keir for trying it for us !/emoticons/biggrin.png i cant afford to spend too much on brushes so the thread is great...assuming i get the right brush out of it....maybe a slight spelling mistake on there ..not that i very good as i have to use chrome spell checker or else i spell just like good old tenchy.

A duel is an arranged engagement in combat between two individuals, with matched weapons in accordance with agreed-upon rules.

dual . Composed of two usually like or complementary parts

but hey at least i went to your web site:thumbsup:

maybe its for a brush off type fight as in whose is the best....

Last edited by a moderator:
My only mild bug bear with the new extreme range is the splay of the bristles allows the stock to close to the window, so its easy to bang and clang on the frames whereas the original extremes just sit a few mm higher off the glass and therefore you can be a bit more indiscriminate with brushing
Buy the Gardiner Brush Bumper /emoticons/smile.png

Got one for each of the new style extreme's, took them off within three windows!!

Nowt wrong with them as such, just i found them too grippy on the sills as i sweep across.

I know,.... i know well use a sill brush.......yes i have one but i can keep the sills clean with an extreme alot easier than wielding a sill brush about.

Only way i can explain why i prefer not to use the bumpers is lets say its like wearing a rubber johnny compared to riding bare back hahaha

Also i am falling in love with the extreme hybrid, its a seriously seriously good brush. I have been highly impressed by its slug trail removal powers today, and on hydrophobic glass you can really feel the semi absorbent bristles gripping the window, and on both phyllic and phobic glass you can really see/feel the chemical type reaction happening where the pure water does its thing.

The tecbuk hybrid will have to be amazing to trump it, but i have to admit that i used it a couple of times the other week and was non plussed by it, but after i trimmed my older brushes and saw/felt the difference i gave the new ones the same treatment, i think this is what has turned it into a kick ass brush.

@Tuffers........do you swap brushes regularly? Recently i have been starting with say an extreme medium, but have the hybrid attached to my belt with the jet tubes then swap between as the day goes on. But that could any two brushes that i fancy, i just love swapping and find my favourite brush changes from day to day.

I think i am developing a fetish lmao

Back