Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Who is working on the 24th?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Only 3 left to do tomorrow and a old friend I clean every couple months for a cuppa and a natter so not too bad- had about 10 postponed this week after "night before" texts so helped me a bit to finish on time. I don't mind (and the missus certainly doesn't!) at this time of the year as tips have more than made up for lost work and bad weather delay and understand money is tight for some people.

Contemplating working 27-28th but the ones that are "due" are 27 mainly OAPs on a road and usually take best part of 2 "full" days (for me working 9-3) so seems a bit like hard work and don't want to split them up by not working full days and dragging to the 2nd.

Also 3 of those custys have asked when I'm due and when I said 27th they replied "oh surely you're not coming between Christmas and New Year- I'm not bothered if you come in Jan- enjoy the time off" [emoji108][emoji106] you'll do me! [emoji28]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I finished all my work today. Done with the windows now till January 7th. Boll**s to working Xmas Eve, there's more to life! I always take a couple weeks off over Xmas. However I also work as a part time musician so I do 'work' during the holidays with my band and also play new year's eve, which I've always done since forever.

I finished today, not back till kids go back on the 7th.

Wife's at the hairdressers tomorrow and kids at school so off I'm to buy some supplelments and straight down the gym for a hardcore session, 2 weeks o training, eating and resting.

Time to get things into perspective and make improvements for next year. It's not a bad life is it hey?

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry @steve garwood is 96 in January so he ain't got much left, he's just making the most of it while he can ain't ya Steve ???
I’m 52 with the mind of a 25 year old ?.

Without sounding pretentious, I have a blinding social life, and it makes the long days pushing a pole up and down worthwhile.

Talking about Christmas, I saw Gillian McKeith singing in her car today.

She sang ‘driving home for Christmas, I can’t wait to see their faeces’ ?

I think anyone considering working on Boxing Day doing domestic cleaning is a bit tactless.

Christmas is a time when a lot of people want to relax with their families, probably don’t want some Herbert spoiling their piece and quite.

Plus I think it makes you look desperate. Just my humble opinion 

Spot on Steve. If a window cleaner rocked up to clean my windows on either xmas eve, boxing day or any other day like that I'd seriously be like 'what...the...****!' I'd actually find it quite annoying too.

For those that have to work not great at all but if doing residential really can't see any hope of getting parked in a street or getting to windows when there will be so many cars parked up anytime after today until the new year.

Thankfully just 3 hrs this morning should have been done yesterday really but hey ho, I've got a school to do which takes 2 hrs so could easily do that before the return of school.

You Need a week a year at least , to step back and take a good look at your work. Set some goals, make some decisions and make sure you are still doing things the best way. And of course... Recooperate!!

Its just a shame our idea of resting is putting our body through its paces with booze and lots of food. ?

You Need a week a year at least , to step back and take a good look at your work. Set some goals, make some decisions and make sure you are still doing things the best way. And of course... Recooperate!!

Its just a shame our idea of resting is putting our body through its paces with booze and lots of food. ?
In my time off I’m not letting work enter my head.

As for putting your body through its paces with food and alcohol, that’s a normal weekend ?

Working today and Saturday, 2 hours Monday, then the Friday and saturday 10-2. I'm already 2 weeks behind, weather's been shocking last month here, either hammering down or windy enough to knock you over!

Hoped to finish Thursday (20/12/18), but due to the s*** weather we have been having, will now be hopefully round Lunch time Friday....then Ho Ho Ho.Merry Christmas to you all

Currently sitting outside the pub waiting for it to open. Not to go on the drink though, he owes me £30 for cleaning his windows  :1f61c:
I shall be leaving in about 15 minutes for Bromley high street and ?.

Exited like a kid on Christmas morning that’s had a wheelie bin full of haribos ?.

I love the start of the holidays.

Any windies near Bromley tonight, head for the partridge pub.

Top band there tonight called ‘run for cover’ ??

Happy Christmas fellow windies 

I shall be leaving in about 15 minutes for Bromley high street and ?.

Exited like a kid on Christmas morning that’s had a wheelie bin full of haribos ?.

I love the start of the holidays.

Any windies near Bromley tonight, head for the partridge pub.

Top band there tonight called ‘run for cover’ ??

Happy Christmas fellow windies 
Happy Christmas enjoy your night out and your hangover tomorrow ??

Taking it off until January. My kids will be a year older next year and time goes on. For the sake of a few days pay I’d rather it with my kids. Prepping myself for some vital games coming up aswell ??

Back