Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Who is working on the 24th?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Had a phone call at 8 o’clock this morning. “Can you clean my windows?” He says. No problem, I’m back to work on the 2nd of Jan, I can fit you in somewhere that week. He needs them done by tomorrow, he’s living in his uncles house and his uncle comes back for Christmas, last year he promised he would get a window cleaner and a Gardner. The frames are green apparently.

I thought alright, one won’t hurt so I asked how often he wants them done.... just the once. No problem, that’ll be £150. This is a 3 bed semi built in the 70’s and he said it has a conservatory on the back. He said that’s extortionate but I’m the only window cleaner to give him the time of day so go ahead. Just filled the van and cleaned my own windows, he calls back and says another window cleaner has offered to do them for £100... good luck and merry Christmas, I’ll get back to my holiday then.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Had a phone call at 8 o’clock this morning. “Can you clean my windows?” He says. No problem, I’m back to work on the 2nd of Jan, I can fit you in somewhere that week. He needs them done by tomorrow, he’s living in his uncles house and his uncle comes back for Christmas, last year he promised he would get a window cleaner and a Gardner. The frames are green apparently.

I thought alright, one won’t hurt so I asked how often he wants them done.... just the once. No problem, that’ll be £150. This is a 3 bed semi built in the 70’s and he said it has a conservatory on the back. He said that’s extortionate but I’m the only window cleaner to give him the time of day so go ahead. Just filled the van and cleaned my own windows, he calls back and says another window cleaner has offered to do them for £100... good luck and merry Christmas, I’ll get back to my holiday then.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
What you did wrong there mate is, you say to them they have to BACS transfer the cash first to secure the booking! Then you get the van ready.  Cash already in pocket! Haha 

work,dont work its entirely up to you............BUT i NEVER work in between xmas and new year,finished on friday 21st and ill be going back on wed 2nd jan so 11 days off....thats enough time off for me......

every time ive been planning on working between xmas and new year in past years its never happened so i dont even plan to anymore!

it doesnt feel "right " turning up to clean domestic houses at this festive time IMO.....OK FROM THE 2ND JAN THOUGH....

We worked today until after 3. We had one customer come home whilst we were cleaning. My son said she asked why we were working on Christmas eve of all days. She had just come in from doing some shopping. ??

Worked a normal day today

Too busy now for an early finish 

Me and my subby are back on the 3rd also

Worked today until 1:30. 3 decided not to bother which suited me. Came home to find the fridge freezer has packed up ?. Using a mates freezer and a spare freezer we have in the garage. New fridge will be £750. Goodbye Xmas tips and today’s earnings ?

Used today as a tidy up, odd jobs and some commercial that needed doing. Unfortunately didn't get doing the very last job as it's -1 here today and water was freezing on ground. So need to do it late this week. Apart from that job, it's time to boss the Xbox! ?

Finished today at 2pm only because put wrong fuel in Van £170 later so made £10 today... won't be back until January 2nd now
We've all been there, mate. We've all been there...?

Finished today at 2pm only because put wrong fuel in Van £170 later so made £10 today... won't be back until January 2nd now

I feel your pain bro. I put £18 worth of unleaded in my van before I realised I was filling the van and not the car. That cost me £199. I put the bill in with my expenses to the accountant. Frig knows if he put it through but wortha try ?

I feel your pain bro. I put £18 worth of unleaded in my van before I realised I was filling the van and not the car. That cost me £199. I put the bill in with my expenses to the accountant. Frig knows if he put it through but wortha try ?
For future reference, if you only put £10/20 of petrol in, brim it with diesel and you'll be fine. Petrol is a lighter fuel, diesel engine will cope just fine. 

I put £45 worth of petrol in my diesel company car at my last job. Called the AA and they drained it etc. A woman about 400 metres away had put diesel in a petrol... This never used to be possible as the larger diesel nozzle wouldn't fit into a petrol car but on recent models (last 3 years or so) they have made them both the same size to cut manufacturing costs. I called through the company break down but I was under the impression that if you have break down cover the cost is covered anyway?

Answer my own question, just googled it. You get a 20% discount as a member.

Last edited by a moderator:
I put £45 worth of petrol in my diesel company car at my last job. Called the AA and they drained it etc. A woman about 400 metres away had put diesel in a petrol... This never used to be possible as the larger diesel nozzle wouldn't fit into a petrol car but on recent models (last 3 years or so) they have made them both the same size to cut manufacturing costs. I called through the company break down but I was under the impression that if you have break down cover the cost is covered anyway?

Answer my own question, just googled it. You get a 20% discount as a member.
I don't know why they dont have a triangular nozzle for one, a square for the other and be done with it! Haha

Got in the pub yesterday at 1pm.

Left there at 1am. 

Will be back in there at 12 today with the wife, friends and neighbours.

Sod work even if the weather is nice 

Enjoy your Christmas break fellow windies. It does you good to completely switch off ?

Thanks for that. Definitely putting it on expenses. 

Back