Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How much do you charge for solar panels?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I also take it that you are covered by insurance for solar panel cleaning not just basic public liability but for property being work on if things should ever got tits up?
i was wondering about this.surely 'normal P L INSURANCE' wouldnt cover solar panals?

Depends on your insurer, I am covered with Gleaming Insurance and they cover me for Solar Panel Cleaning. /emoticons/smile.png
thanks GPC.iv had my P.L policy out this morning.just renewed it last week .it dosnt say im not insured.it tends to state what im no insured for.im going to email them and ask then any response i have in writing.i havnt done any and tbh before i read this forum i,d given it precious little thought.round where i live the council have started sticking it on bungalows which they own.they dont seem to have done it on any houses iv seen.i may if covered get in touch direct with the council about the bungalows.of course there is then private houses and the solar farms .my largest pole is 40ft but weighs a ton (brought it 2008 and it was prob old type then).for me to buy a 50 ft newer pole id need to validate it by having plenty of use for it.that,s why the bungalows seem a good idea.my 27ft pole would be easily good enough.i will post the response i get .it may help any other lads who are unsure of their standing with their current PL regarding solar panels.thanks again for your reply

i emailed my insurer last night.had a response today.im not covered.can have solar panels added for a extra £90.00

mine,s £59 .just renewed for end of feb deadline.clegg gifford.unless i get some panels to do i dont think i,ll bother

Most solar panels just get washed by the rain and don't get dirty

I know this as I am currently offering a course called 'checking if solar panels need cleaning' ... And they tend not to ( on my round anyway )

perhaps I'm wrong

I contacted the local council regarding cleaning solar panels on old folks bungalows. I was told they don't need cleaning as they are self cleaning.

Latest Posts

Back