Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Why ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Alec is on the right track with blogs, links etc etc.

What i have learnt is google loves fresh content. So i make a habbit of doing blogs and changing pages and links and pictures and text etc etc.

Its working well.

SEO is the hard bit as thats what makes the WWW what it is. If it was easy everybody would be page one lol
I use to use it all the time. Not used my blog in months. For me it was all about getting other sites linking to mine thats what really pushed my site up the pages

I don't blog, use bookface, have links from others site or ever paid for seo but just have rich content relevent to search results so would say page content is king.

You need to start using your blog. It's been there since September last year and the only posts are dummy posts that I made for you. This is the most powerful tool that you have - it doesn't take long to use but can be very beneficial.

Look at MK Cleaners' website to see how he uses his blog to target specific areas.

If you need help with ideas or how to do it, email me anytime.

Blogging will keep the content on your site fresh, no one mentioned twitter or Google + when you do a post in your blog tweet the link to your followers. Smurf has the right idea content is king.

I find testimonials are VERY important

One £12 job has been linked to an £80 job £125 job and a £130 job ! All this year from one customer!

I find testimonials are VERY important
One £12 job has been linked to an £80 job £125 job and a £130 job ! All this year from one customer!
It's getting them to do it fir ya ive tried and tried to get people to do it for me but got eff all .

What I have done is created a testimonial form. It's kinda like a legal contract to use the testimonial, nothing major.

I ask a customer if they will do one. They say yes. Hand em the form they fill it in and then they send it in. As I provide SAE enevolpe.

If you need the forms. Let me know.

I have around 5 or 6 at the mo as keep forgetting to ask. But the ones I have asked have been really good about it.

Indeed Damo as genuine customer testimonials on a website like I have mentioned before in other post is a great soft sales tactic.

I’ve found by the time prospects have visited my site most have already made up their mind to use my services depending it being to them a reasonable price for a quality job.

Many new customers also comment on testimonials listed on my site being a major factor in why they contacted me in the first place.

Not to mention will help boost seo as like I said before content is king.

I alway ask for customer feedback and most will fill in my online form or write something down on a bit of paper before I leave the job. Simples....

U don't need 2 spend much. My Missus built my website by editing a simple template bought for £10 and got my hosting, email addys & domain name etc for 2yrs all under £50. She registered me on every free place she could find Online (Yell, Thomson, Freeindex, My local Services, Scoot, Quipe, etc) and from completely free listings I get about 30% of my work worth £100 - £400 a month. Facebook and Yell get loads of people clicking on the link to my website. Freeindex is fantastic because every time someone rates you on there, it's automatically updated on my website from a widgit they give U to embed - don't ask me; the Missus does all that for me...! They also send you free stickers for yr van if you get over 5 feedbacks

40-50% of my work comes from Facebook & Twitter, and I get nagged to tweet 1-3 times a day. i don't, but try maybe 3 times a wk. My Missus isn't a geek or anything, she just reads up on SEO & how to do things instead of paying people. Good Feedback on Facebook or Twitter is great for picking up more clients

Now I've upgraded to a 2man system I'm finally going 2 advertise on Yell/Hibu to get bigger Commercial contracts. I'm paying £38 a month inc VAT for a heavyweight listing in prime position, both Online & in Yellow Pages & will see what it brings. But when you're starting out, every free listing you can find and asking customers to leave you feedback is all you need. My site: www.majorclean.co.uk

To see optimisation keywords right click any home page, click 'view source and scroll carefully through the words near the top. things like 'window cleaner in Nottingham' 'reach and wash window cleaner in Notts' etc are all designed to be picked up on searches. My Missus has filled that area with every type of thing she can think of anyone might search for, that I can do in EVERY suburb near us. Hope that helps, hang on to yr money & don't get ripped off!

U don't need 2 spend much. My Missus built my website by editing a simple template bought for £10 and got my hosting, email addys & domain name etc for 2yrs all under £50. She registered me on every free place she could find Online (Yell, Thomson, Freeindex, My local Services, Scoot, Quipe, etc) and from completely free listings I get about 30% of my work worth £100 - £400 a month. Facebook and Yell get loads of people clicking on the link to my website. Freeindex is fantastic because every time someone rates you on there, it's automatically updated on my website from a widgit they give U to embed - don't ask me; the Missus does all that for me...! They also send you free stickers for yr van if you get over 5 feedbacks

40-50% of my work comes from Facebook & Twitter, and I get nagged to tweet 1-3 times a day. i don't, but try maybe 3 times a wk. My Missus isn't a geek or anything, she just reads up on SEO & how to do things instead of paying people. Good Feedback on Facebook or Twitter is great for picking up more clients

Now I've upgraded to a 2man system I'm finally going 2 advertise on Yell/Hibu to get bigger Commercial contracts. I'm paying £38 a month inc VAT for a heavyweight listing in prime position, both Online & in Yellow Pages & will see what it brings. But when you're starting out, every free listing you can find and asking customers to leave you feedback is all you need. My site: www.majorclean.co.uk

To see optimisation keywords right click any home page, click 'view source and scroll carefully through the words near the top. things like 'window cleaner in Nottingham' 'reach and wash window cleaner in Notts' etc are all designed to be picked up on searches. My Missus has filled that area with every type of thing she can think of anyone might search for, that I can do in EVERY suburb near us. Hope that helps, hang on to yr money & don't get ripped off!
I bet you get a lot of sales calls every week? People trying to sell you this that and the next thing.?

What gets picked up is actually whats in the content on the page, I still use keywords but only words and phrases that are in the content. Search engines don't actually pay too much attention to the meta keywords anymore, they used to but not now so not particularly good advice.
I tried some of those search terms in your keywords as well and you didn't come up once.

Back