Will this pressure washer do....

Discussion in 'Pressure Washing' started by aceman, Feb 22, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. aceman

aceman Member

Advertisement
  2. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

if your just testing the water get a karcher electric see how it goes
    I stacked out with mine - there about £150 and you can always just use at home if it doesn't take off

3. Ben23

Ben23 Member

It depends really, I wouldn't like to offer a stand alone service with an electric washer or one of the smaller units, not a bad option if its a sideline alongside another business (tied in with garden maintainance as a rarely used/only on specific request service or something) as the amount of time it takes to get a decent result with low powered machines would leave you in the the dust from your competitors. personally I think its worth getting something that pumps a decent amount of water out as the job gets done quickly, the results are there after a single pass with the lance/FSC and you get a more consistent clean.

4. Wheelie Clean

Wheelie Clean Member

I've done quite a few pressure washing jobs over the years as a side line to Wheelie bin cleaning. I use a Honda with interpump and it's running at 12 litres per minute and around 2500psi. The real game changer for cleaning block paving etc is a Turbo Nozzle if you can't splash out on a Flat Surface Cleaner. Looking at that SIP unit I would rather buy a second hand Honda with a gearbox etc. Honda = Reliability. Something like this will do you spot on. Honda GX160 Pressure Washer

5. sllab

sllab Active Member

I really don't think you can advertise pressure washing and then turn up with a karcher. Having said that I turn up to jobs that I charge 300-400 a day for in a car.

For an entry level machine that doesn't have the worst specs. A turbo nozzle is a must for sure and at least 30m of hose is very useful so you are not moving the machine more than once a day on a job.

The advantage of buying it new is you can thrash it and then take it back if it breaks.

6. aceman

aceman Member

I'm not sure if the machine above has a turbo nozzle or not? It comes with five different attachments of various sprays - is one of them likely to be a turbo nozzle? Apologies for the silly questions but new to this area.

7. Wheelie Clean

Wheelie Clean Member

It won't come with one, they are always to purchase seperately. Cost is £50-£60 depending where you get it. Turbo nozzles are rated on flow rate so make sure you buy the right one.

8. aceman

aceman Member

Thanks guys.

Funnily enough I did my own patio with my karcher k2 premium and it come up a treat - that came with a turbo lancer (they call it a dirt blaster) and was actually surprisingly powerful.

9. aceman

aceman Member

^turbo nozzle^

10. Wheelie Clean

Wheelie Clean Member

Yes that is the same thing BUT the ones I'm talking about are bigger, I imagine it would take a very long time (days) to do a large driveway with a K2 and dirt blaster.

Advertisement