Window Cleaaning off a pole

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by MandMR, Mar 8, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. MandMR

MandMR Guest

Right so i work as a window cleaner during the week and work some weekend with my mate doing our own work while i get my licence but he cant work again this weekend and obviously with no licence i have no vechile and i was just wondering if there is any decent pole and squegee for the pole that will do an acceptable job so i can go out on me own as the work is to far to carry a ladder ?

Advertisement
  2. chip

chip Guru

wagtails are highly regarded and you can put them on a pole, as you can a basic squeegie, but i've heard it's easier to use a wagtail, though i don't have one

3. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

wagtails are ok for shop windows, but for the 1st floor house windows ther difficult to master you will need an angle adapter as you can struggle to at the bottom of the window because the sill gets in the way you will also need to modyfy it by putting on a detailing attachment made out of a wire coat hanger or something, and also if you get the whirlwind one i find it easier to put the wash pad at the top when using it on a pole, hope this helps

4. Paul

Paul Guest

Is there a method to doing high windows with a pole, I could imagine fanning being a no go

5. mr shine

mr shine Guru

i use an unger vice versa on some jobs its ok but took a lot of use to get the hang of it i have a wagtail but i havent mastered it yet i think pole work is a skill that takes plenty of practice theres some great videos on youtube that should help look out for a guy called wagga hes brilliant with the wagtail

6. James

James Guru

I can't do pole work at all :( I used a wagtail and it was ok I guess.

7. Posh

Posh Hero

I struggle with pole work to mate. Ok if I tell the custy yeah can do it but it a only be 75./. And if there happy with that so be it.

Advertisement