Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fuming

WCF

Help Support WCF:

monkeyman

My landlord called, asking me to clean his windows. But if you don't do it for free I will put your rent up. Make sure you leave a card so I can keep a tab on how often you come.

WTF

No, he wasn't joking, it was a short to the point call, I didn't even reply because I was so shocked, I just hung up. My Mrs said look at the plus side, take advantage of the situation he's put himself in. But I'm just angry.

What is with landlords. Our did a similar one on us recently. They have been paying a window cleaner to do our windows since before we moved in then the other day he calls and says can you now take over paying for window cleaner.

My first thought was no, I am not bothered anyway then he says if you do we won't put rent up for another year cheek of it!

I would just say no problem. I can fit you in week commencing 10th jan...random date and just go on the rainey day haha...keep a tab of the price in case in 6 months he put your rent up

You should have been given a contract that states what your responsibilities are in the upkeep of the property you are renting. If window cleaning is not stated as your responsibility then you can tell him/her to go do one.

To be honest most rental properties it is the tenant’s responsibility anyway regardless if you are a window cleaner or not.

My landlord called, asking me to clean his windows. But if you don't do it for free I will put your rent up. Make sure you leave a card so I can keep a tab on how often you come.WTF
What if he don't like the pole thingy? What about your expenses getting to the job, how long will it take x your hourly rate?

I'd play him at his own game and make nuisance of yourself by complaining about things that need fixing. Tell him you can smell gas from the boiler, a short circuit blew up the Mrs's hairdryer, leaking tap, odd smell in the attic.

How long is your lease for? Is there a clause that he can up your rent within the lease?

Fk him, he's a bully!

Oh I see he wants you to do his house not the one you are renting off him....Sounds like he needs a visit from the knee breakers club then as he sounds a right ahole.

Say to him NO you are not going to clean his windows for free on the property he lives in but this time make sure you record the conversation so can be used in evidence if/when things escalate.

I rent out 2 propertys and the way I see it the tenant is responsible for a window cleaner and they either do or they don't it's there house while they pay so I dont care, this guy who demanded you clean his windows is a joke I'd go round his house personally myself and smash his face repeatedly with my fist till he sees .y way of thinking

or of course you could send fred around....

you should er...clean his windows ...cough cough..now its not your fault if your a **** window cleaner:thumbsup: i reckon you just use a little too much soap.....

it actually amounts to blackmail really....

Yes it's his house, not the one I live in. I'm putting a list of jobs that need doing together. I will pop it through his door boxing day.
I would go for christmas eve then remind him by text on boxing day :rofl:

I would just tell him straight **** off

Then see what he says

Write down everything he says and what dates/times and keep a log

Then when he tries to put rent up off to court he goes

Or just go round there and slap him one

I'd ask for it in writing, then I'd give him a list of jobs that need doing on the property or you'll pay less rent until they have been done.

Dnt clean them and get ready to record the phone call next time he rings, tell him u thoughtit was an obvious joke as you cant force me to work for you for free and threaten me with higher rent if i do t comply, if he continues with it on the phone call u are recording im sure something legal can then be done against him? U might even be able to sue him? And look for somewhere new i guess?

And , what a wan&&r, im fortunate not to rent these days, but i know what some landlords can be like. No way i would have cleaned their windows for free

Latest Posts

Back