Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window frame painted

WCF

Help Support WCF:

JCW

Have you ever seen someone to paint all the uPVC windows on the house with white synthetic paint? I guess it would be cheaper at that time to call a proper window cleaner. They just painted over the mess ? what a logic? Paint all over the walls, rubbers, glass ??

Yes it seems to be coming more popular to paint frames these days rather than restore them with pvc restorer. Some are sprayed and some are done with a brush/roller. I have quite a few on my round and it’s never affected the cleaning process in any way but I would like to see the long term results when the paint starts degrading and flaking off. I’ve also noticed that sometimes the overspray left is unbelievable. It’s very hard to see as it’s so fine but you can feel it whilst cleaning the glass. Also a few of my customers have the old style windows with external beading which may cause a problem if they ever need to replace any of their units as the beading is sealed by the paint.

Back