Windys Have Been Naughty

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by david247, Dec 8, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. david247

david247 Banned

iv deleted my answer or question

Advertisement
  2. Doo

Doo Well-Known Member

Are you sure it's glass and not lexan, also I would maybe suggest as it's commercial it could be laminated glass two sheets of glass with polyethylene between the glass, doh! Silly me you said cracks so it's defo not lexan,as for burn marks you might find the polyethylene has melted between the glass so you have not chance of shifting the scorch marks

3. daley

daley Banned

fire work proderly roman candal it will stik to glass

4. david247

david247 Banned

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Welding splatter could damage glass like that,.. I've seen this myself on a domestic property that the owner being a mechanic decided to remove a cast iron soil vent pipe as was cut up in situ with a blow torch. Also may I add in doing so he trashed a plastic window sill and lower part of the window frame aswell :D

6. david247

david247 Banned

7. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Could just be messy builders, Iv went to brand spanking new houses and the glass have been in terrible condition, scraps scratches cement paint hard water seals hanging out vents hanging off.. I do report anything like this to customers.. 1 development after telling them, the building company replaced them lol

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

So called tradesmen can damage glass very easily especially when using a scrapper to remove paint etc.

If I ever have to use a scrapper or do any construction cleans I get a signed glass waiver from the owner of the building to cover my own ****.
    [font="Arial""][/font]

9. david247

david247 Banned

10. stevelewis

stevelewis Forum Addict

I used to fit windows and make double glazed units plus i still do glazing along with my window round, like belfastcleaning said could be messy builders or ( if it is glass) the units could be in too tight (will explain cracking) hope this helps fella

Advertisement