Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wooden wedges

WCF

Help Support WCF:

scottish cleaning service

I usually carry a load of wooden wedges with me when I'm working on tenements. Today I found another use for them. The care home glass had many bits of grass on them from the last cut of the year. Tried the wfp and still there so I used a wooden wedge and came off no bother and then wfp it again. Good thing to remember it doesn't scratch the glass. ?

I usually carry a load of wooden wedges with me when I'm working on tenements. Today I found another use for them. The care home glass had many bits of grass on them from the last cut of the year. Tried the wfp and still there so I used a wooden wedge and came off no bother and then wfp it again. Good thing to remember it doesn't scratch the glass. ?
One of my top 5 let hates grass clippings blown onto the glass/frame and stuck like nobody's business. ? not sure if hot would take it off quicker ? not sure I'd have the balls to use wooden wedges incase anyone's seen me but have used old bank card/loyalty card as a scraper and a key wrapped in a cloth to get moss out of frame corner...

Do you use the wedges under the ladder feet working on the tenements to level them off?

One of my top 5 let hates grass clippings blown onto the glass/frame and stuck like nobody's business. ? not sure if hot would take it off quicker ? not sure I'd have the balls to use wooden wedges incase anyone's seen me but have used old bank card/loyalty card as a scraper and a key wrapped in a cloth to get moss out of frame corner...

Do you use the wedges under the ladder feet working on the tenements to level them off?
Yes hot water does remove it much quicker , we spray the windows affected lightly first as walking past so by the time we come to scrub the window it’s already loosened it then a light scrub and it comes off easily

Use one wedge to hold front door open a bit for the hose and then use other one to hold back door open a bit. It means the hose doesn't get caught when the doors close. If I jamb both doors fully open then all the leaves get blown in and lie all over the carpeted entrance and customers not too happy with me.

Use one wedge to hold front door open a bit for the hose and then use other one to hold back door open a bit. It means the hose doesn't get caught when the doors close. If I jamb both doors fully open then all the leaves get blown in and lie all over the carpeted entrance and customers not too happy with me.
Running the hose through the house? Do you do internals Wfp ?

Out of curiosity how do you the patio back door if you can’t close it fully
Funny you should say that. A few weeks ago I did a first clean on a Mid-terrace. The woman said I could take the hose through the house and out the Patio door (sliding type). Round the back I pointed out an upstairs vent was missing so had to be careful. Then I had to do the patio doors and again I had to be very careful not getting pure through the 10mm gap. After I was finished I looked around the back door and seen I could have put the pole over the back corner of the fence which is where the carpark is. Next time I go back I have to fit new vent and I certainly won't be dragging the hose through the house. ?

Latest Posts

Back