Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Working in the rain

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Clean zero

Hope the weather hasn’t effected everyone to much how heavy does it have to rain for you to stop work .Is it when a custy gives you a funny look and you know you must be mad

Hope the weather hasn’t effected everyone to much how heavy does it have to rain for you to stop work .Is it when a custy gives you a funny look and you know you must be mad
I wear glasses and working in the rain doesn't work for me. I also don't wear gloves and a wet pole is more slippery to hold and control.
If there are the old spots of rain then I'll work through them. If it's just a shower then sit it out in the van.

If it's drizzle to medium rainfall I will work in it providing it's not too windy either this is on residential only though, if it's lashing down then I won't work in it, I lost 2 days last week because of torrential rain and high winds.

@spruce you want one of these Waterproof Hunting Cap 500 (the link may not work straight away as the site has issues) ideal for specs wearers like us I have worn mine in a lot of rain including taking the dogs out in torrential rain the cap hasn't let any water through at all and I have had mine since last winter I think, they are definitely worth every penny

For protecting glasses and keeping head warm and dry I bought Warm waterproof cap £10 from Amazon It even has insulated ear covers that normally sit inside the cap but can be flapped down to keep the breeze off your ears :) .

As for OP and working in the rain. Get some good waterproofs (jacket, trousers and cap) plus a snood (great at stopping drips running down your neck. For me if it's bouncing down on the pavements I stop but drizzle or light rain just carry on. This does depend on how much work you have though.

I try and tell people when I quote that I work in most weathers so they hopefully understand.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
In the early days of wfp I towed a wfp trailer with my Suzuki Carry. One day I was doing a first clean for a new customer. The heavens opened and in a few moments I was soaked. So I decided to just carry on and finish the job. I soon discovered that my wet clothing made the front driver's seat wet. It took me days to dry that seat out. I haven't seat covers as I hate them, so I make sure my clothes are dry when getting into the van as I don't want a repeat of that.

In the early days of wfp I towed a wfp trailer with my Suzuki Carry. One day I was doing a first clean for a new customer. The heavens opened and in a few moments I was soaked. So I decided to just carry on and finish the job. I soon discovered that my wet clothing made the front driver's seat wet. It took me days to dry that seat out. I haven't seat covers as I hate them, so I make sure my clothes are dry when getting into the van as I don't want a repeat of that.
Our van has heated front seats ?

I worked 2 hours in the rain this morning and 3 hours in the afternoon on monday(it was heavy rain)and 2 days last week.i have 3 waterproof jackets in the van( I have used all 3 a few times over the last few weeks).I'm having tomorrow off back in friday(should be a dry day).

Work or don't work in the rain.its entirely up to you but I would just crack on as usual if you don't mind getting a bit wet....

Working in the rain is handy for clearing gutters out and cleaning fascia.
Rather you than me mate...I stopped clearing gutters out years ago(hated it!).I do clean fascias occasionally but I don't save them for rainy days.i usually just crack on with window cleaning whatever the weather....my customers are used to it as I've been doing it for many years

Rather you than me mate...I stopped clearing gutters out years ago(hated it!).I do clean fascias occasionally but I don't save them for rainy days.i usually just crack on with window cleaning whatever the weather....my customers are used to it as I've been doing it for many years
Cant say i really like doing any of it, but doing all aspects of exterior cleaning brings a bit of variation to it.. Plus gutter/fsc/roof/p/w pay a lot more than windows

Was out in it today and thought to myself this is the heaviest rain I’ve worked in, torrential driving rain at times. but I’m having tomorrows sunny day off for the Wales v Iran to watch my nation warm up before they pull Englands pants down on Tuesday ?
Yma o hyd! ???????

Back