Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Working in the rain

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Was out in it today and thought to myself this is the heaviest rain I’ve worked in, torrential driving rain at times. but I’m having tomorrows sunny day off for the Wales v Iran to watch my nation warm up before they pull Englands pants down on Tuesday ?
Yma o hyd! ???????
Good luck Iran ???????

If its the rain that's getting you wet I don't work in it, if that makes sense. Light rain and drizzling is fine. I know some who carry on regardless, I've picked up work before and the only reason they got rid of the last guy was because he was coming when it was raining.

@Yogi1872 i was cleaning yesterday and it started raining, the customer comes out for a chat and mentioned the rain, I explained pure water and how it’s made and rain shouldn’t effect us too much, plus it wasn’t too windy to blow up dust/debris ect, I said ‘I always offer a rain guarantee if you have any concerns with dirty windows when I’m finished call me and I’ll re-do the whole lot for nothing’ he left with a big smile on his face reassured things were ok…. I’m pleased to say I had nothing but compliments when I finished. I was happy with finished results and more importantly so was customer…

I’m a newbie winging it

Learning as I go…

Was out in it today and thought to myself this is the heaviest rain I’ve worked in, torrential driving rain at times. but I’m having tomorrows sunny day off for the Wales v Iran to watch my nation warm up before they pull Englands pants down on Tuesday ?
Yma o hyd! ???????
Good luck to wales tomorrow.should beat Iran as they are a shambles defensively!

If its the rain that's getting you wet I don't work in it, if that makes sense. Light rain and drizzling is fine. I know some who carry on regardless, I've picked up work before and the only reason they got rid of the last guy was because he was coming when it was raining.
It doesn't happen very often though.not enough to worry me.ill work in torrential rain sometimes if I've got my work head on and I want to get my work schedule done.my customers are used to me calling when it's raining sometimes.they don't even mention it usually!?

They only get rid of people that don't do the job properly. Our customers, initially, weren't happy with us cleaning in the rain. We just reminded them that if they're not happy at the quality of our work to ring us and we'd do them again. Never had 1 phone call and now don't get any comments or complaints.

@Yogi1872 i was cleaning yesterday and it started raining, the customer comes out for a chat and mentioned the rain, I explained pure water and how it’s made and rain shouldn’t effect us too much, plus it wasn’t too windy to blow up dust/debris ect, I said ‘I always offer a rain guarantee if you have any concerns with dirty windows when I’m finished call me and I’ll re-do the whole lot for nothing’ he left with a big smile on his face reassured things were ok…. I’m pleased to say I had nothing but compliments when I finished. I was happy with finished results and more importantly so was customer…

I’m a newbie winging it

Learning as I go…

I know unless it's windy then it's not going to affect the cleanliness of there windows even when it stops but alot won't believe that. How many comments do you get saying youl bring thr rain on now, meaning they think it'l get dirty with rain after we clean it

Working in the rain is handy for clearing gutters out and cleaning fascia.
It's nicer to work on a dry, bright day and fill the gutters with water before vacuuming them :ROFLMAO: That's my philosophy anyway.

White guttering is ok, but my camera has a problem with black guttering in low light conditions.

I know unless it's windy then it's not going to affect the cleanliness of there windows even when it stops but alot won't believe that. How many comments do you get saying youl bring thr rain on now, meaning they think it'l get dirty with rain after we clean it
My response to bringing the rain:

1) If we were that good at bringing rain, I would have a much more lucrative career in the Outback of Australia.

2) And if we lived in the Middle East, then we could be blamed for starting a dust storm.

3) And I blame the guys at the car wash at the bottom of the road for bringing rain.

It's nicer to work on a dry, bright day and fill the gutters with water before vacuuming them :ROFLMAO: That's my philosophy anyway.

White guttering is ok, but my camera has a problem with black guttering in low light conditions.
True Spruce, but does make blockages a lot easier when they have been very well soaked from lots of rain..

Back