Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Quoted A House This Morning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

dasslr1

94 to go
warning this is me just moaning lol .

qouted a house for a old couple this morning,it was a 4 bedroom house with a conservatory on the back.if i get it itll be the biggest house ill have on my round and she has i friend on the same street and hopfully ill get hers to.wen i was talking to the lady of the house she tells me that she had a window cleaner that was a friend of hers and he did it as a favour to her (wen he was going to work he d clean her house then go off to work miles away) basicly he stopped coming cos he dont want to do them anymore she says.

anyway i quoted her £20 which i thought was reasonable i worked out itll take me an hour to do them the first time and i could probably get it down to 40 mins.the house is fairly new and the window frames were spottless.

now my avergae an hour is roughy £15 so i was happy with £20 i quoted her .she then tells me £20 is double what the last window cleaner charged and that shell have to think about it .aaarrrggg.i WAS going to tell her "well he stopped coming because he didnt want to do them anymore and thats probably because he wasnt charging you enough" but i bite my tongue and carried on smiling and said "no worries feel free to shop around there are windows cleaners that are more expensive and there are some that are cheaper but if you ever change your mind give us a ring".she said shell let me know soon .

We see this now and then, I ask them now why they think their window cleaner has stopped coming. If you want reliability and good service it's going to cost no matter what industry or service you're in.

I had a house that I quoted 5 months ago at £40 every 6 weeks. She said ok ill give you a ring. I never heard from her until last month when she asked if I could do them. I was like sure no probs, went round and the windows seemed to be a little to clean for the amount of time it had been. I then found out she had found another cheaper cleaner, but he was **** and rushed it so she got rid. You get what you pay for in this world. Hopefully the customer gets back to u mate!

Give em the spiel, trustworthy, reliable, do a good job, insured etc etc. My mom always said I should be in sales. My good looks also help :Image3:

I had a house that I quoted 5 months ago at £40 every 6 weeks. She said ok ill give you a ring. I never heard from her until last month when she asked if I could do them. I was like sure no probs, went round and the windows seemed to be a little to clean for the amount of time it had been. I then found out she had found another cheaper cleaner, but he was **** and rushed it so she got rid. You get what you pay for in this world. Hopefully the customer gets back to u mate!
hope so bud would be nice lol

You can only quote what you're happy to do them for.

Yes, you could clean them for £10. Or even £1. But you'll end up resenting doing them and then eventually drop it.

She'll be back to square one.

Or she can pay £20 and you'll be happy to do them this time, next time and every time.

Back