Working on other windys houses?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Taxlossloz, May 21, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

Finished off commercial job and Picked up two detached softwash jobs - house walls - there windys don't offer it
    Be a bit awkward tho - what you all reckon ? Is it fair game or is it not worth peeing everyone off - we all know each other and get on reasonably well

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

If it's not windows then you are just another tradesman, it matters not IMHO.

3. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

Yes but would be stood there with a gardeners SLX and you still clean windows after

4. TolishAPurd

Meh, so long as you are doing separate jobs and not stepping on his toes touting for the windows I am sure it'll be OK.

5. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

I wouldn't go for Windows... Although one I did the PVC was minging not been touched for years - they deserve to lose the job
    I just don't want to pee off the decent guys - most of em in my town are small companies with 3 or 4 employees who prob don't need to add house / drive cleaning as there happy just ticking there rounds over

6. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

Work away stop worrying

7. windowsurfer

windowsurfer Forum Addict

Its good you are thinking of the impact on others, soft washing is a separate service, just do that and get out of there, or if there windows are dirty, ask them how much they are charged for window cleaning, maybe thats the reason, they are dirty? You could if you want offer a price that is more than other window cleaner, never undercut though, but you dont want to annoy anyone, is it worth it, keeping the peace and having peace of mind is a good thing:thumbsup:

8. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Wouldn't bother me at all. I wouldn't be worried about losing a customer to you just cause you washed their walls.

Don't forget... no one 'owns' customers, it's their choice whom they use. I have acquired plenty whose windys wont (cant) do internals or go up a ladder to clear the gutters. I never held a gun to the customers head they just chose a better service provider.

As for the 'we're all mates here' BS, when the other local lads start paying my bills and putting food on my table I will worry about being more sensitive to them.

If someone asks you to do a job you can do then get it done.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#9 boarcity, May 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
    i think id offer to do the windows too. sometimes businesses/people need to be shaken up -for their own good- over the years iv been confronted by other windies who are convinced iv been targetting their work [when i havnt,not knowingly]

its really funny when they stand there front of me all snarley and im po faced replying "but i didnt know you even exist "
    i then like to explain "im carpet bombing this area with leaflets - not a single house is missed ,its totally ruthless and as it happens i am jus about to carry out another repeat bomb run. i cant stop

im sorry if you get hit by friendly fire but these things happen mate"

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Kev - EverClean

Kev - EverClean Evercleanwcs.co.uk

If their windys don't offer it then it's fair game. even with windows, like green said, it's the customers choice. No customer can be poached that isn't happy to be..just remember they could do the same to you sometime

Advertisement