Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Would you still be in this business

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I trad a lot of bottoms anyway
I wfp a lot of work now, but there are still jobs I can whip through downstairs faster by tradding, usually ones with leaky seals and hydrophobic. 9/10 though wfp is faster but its good to have different weapons in your arsenal to make yourself as efficient as possible.

This will never happen ,  even if it did happen there will always be a way around it ?

I wfp a lot of work now, but there are still jobs I can whip through downstairs faster by tradding, usually ones with leaky seals and hydrophobic. 9/10 though wfp is faster but its good to have different weapons in your arsenal to make yourself as efficient as possible.
I do it purely because I enjoy it.

Been tradding since 1991 and very fast now.

Id go back to the bakery
Loved my time in the bakery. Have my city and guilds from the London south bank polytechnic.

Found the wok really interesting, but as I was younger then, those early starts clashed with my social life.

I’m retiring in 6-7 years and intend making my own bread at home ?

Start back left corner, clean all the top windows, then fetch the mop out. Would've stopped dripping by then, any more info on this modern technology feel free to ask. 
yeah,by the time iv cleaned one house the trad way,you will still be doing the tops,why bother with a big dangly pole when u can do the job in half the time the old fash way?  haha!!!

If say the green party wins the election (lol) and they bring a law in which says window cleaners and others must limit the amounts of water they use daily making it impossible to use wfp full time. Would you wfp window cleaners resort to Trad? or leave the business!!.
This of course was hypotheticalb but we have crazy Politicians who would sell their soles out of self interest and not using logic or common sense...but expected more to say would have to revert to Trad. But seems many have not done Trad window cleaning though. Have always been WFP

This of course was hypotheticalb but we have crazy Politicians who would sell their soles out of self interest and not using logic or common sense...but expected more to say would have to revert to Trad. But seems many have not done Trad window cleaning though. Have always been WFP
I would trad if I had to.

I just enjoy not having to jump up and down ladders all day anymore.

I was trad for over 8 years before wfp, I would most likely have to revert back, but my earnings would drop massively, so hypothetically it could never be brought for that reason also as the goverment coffers would suffer. 

Yeah i'd go trad, not happily but i'd rather do that and work for myself at my terms than work for another fire breather.

Gardiners would just create a load of trad fittings for their poles and move to adapt to the times so we'd still have their lighter than alloy telescopic poles (Tradman uses them for his trad work so it's already being done).

I did buy some trad gear recently from screwfix for a shop that then binned me. I clung onto it in the car despite it taking up space (was quite a large box lol) but on Monday i finally cashed it in unused back at screwfix - felt a bit sad in a way but there we go, never needed it yet so life goes on!

interesting post my friend,WFP the tops and trad the bottoms,how do you propose to do this with all the dripping water that you guys leave behind when you apply this system? would you do the bottoms holding a brolly in one hand ,and a squeegy in the other?  (laffin here).

If you're fast enough with the tops then the water just sort of stain dries into the bricks before it gets to the bottom windows. As for brollies, i'd use a hood...lol

Would go back to trad no problem. Would really take a while for the pay cut to sink in though 

interesting post my friend,WFP the tops and trad the bottoms,how do you propose to do this with all the dripping water that you guys leave behind when you apply this system? would you do the bottoms holding a brolly in one hand ,and a squeegy in the other?  (laffin here).
It actually works out well to be honest. It doesn't drip down that long after like you imagine. Tops, then bottoms no problem.

I wouldn't go back - WFP saved me big-time!!!

I was truly done with up & down ladders.

I didn't even want to make the switch either!! Had a couple of good commercial jobs that forced it upon me or I lose the work. Simple as that.

Wow - it was like having a new job switching over to WFP! 

If the law changed, I would definitely find away round it somehow.

If I had to go back to trad I'd be working 5days solid rather than 4 easy days, and the toll that would take on

my 50 year old carcass doesn't bear thinking about. 3 years of Wfp as been my saviour.

Latest Posts

Back