Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Back to cleaning block pavers again oh deep joy

Smurf

I've had a nice break from cleaning block pavers but not looking forward to the next 3 days of them. Bloody sand and **** goes everywhere and can take ages to clean up afterwards.

Anyone got any tips how best to reduce overspray and clean up time when using a turbo nozzle?

Maybe this type of attachment is a good idea for edging but it dosen't reduce the overspray.

Surely someone could come up with a simple soloution when using a turbo nozzle?

[media]

[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe this type of attachment is a good idea for edging but it dosen't reduce the overspray.Surely someone could come up with a simple soloution when using a turbo nozzle?

[media]

1. Speed of cleaning

2. Dirt and mud flying

3. Flooding...

I know bless him but you still remembered what he said after all...

I want one now don't you? /emoticons/biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the crud that ends up on you when cleaning block is because it hits the joints and it kicks back.

You have a couple of configurations there - if you want to continue along the same lines get a large funnel and put that over the turbo nozzle.

Are you using a standard lance?

If so you are stooping over the work area, virtually on top of it.

I have all of my lances made, they are at least 18 inches longer. This doesn't stop it from happening but you get a faceful a lot less often.

Rob

I am posting some photos of my lance/s set up on another forum, later. I will post them on here so you get an idea. It will be later on.

They have a split flow handle on them for rinsing down - it basically splits the flow down a second shaft (sitting on top of the main one) and this makes rinsing much easier, whether you have a turbo nozzle or flat nozzle attached.

Rob

I understand where you're coming from Rob regarding using a longer lance to help reduce getting covered but for me corners are where I get most blow back if I can't stand out of the way. However I'm more concerned with the crud overpray blsted onto walls, windows, patio doors, garden shrub, plants etc using a turbo so was wondering what would be the best solution for this. You mention a large funnel but I'm not quite sure what you mean.

Most of the crud that ends up on you when cleaning block is because it hits the joints and it kicks back.
You have a couple of configurations there - if you want to continue along the same lines get a large funnel and put that over the turbo nozzle.

Are you using a standard lance?

If so you are stooping over the work area, virtually on top of it.

I have all of my lances made, they are at least 18 inches longer. This doesn't stop it from happening but you get a faceful a lot less often.

Rob

I am posting some photos of my lance/s set up on another forum, later. I will post them on here so you get an idea. It will be later on.
They have a split flow handle on them for rinsing down - it basically splits the flow down a second shaft (sitting on top of the main one) and this makes rinsing much easier, whether you have a turbo nozzle or flat nozzle attached.

Rob

If you're not looking to cover the turbo nozzle then you don't need something like a funnel to put over the top.

It doesn't get round the problem of the mess going everywhere but a split lance makes rinsing everything off a lot easier and less aggressive

Rob

Anyone got any tips how best to reduce overspray and clean up time when using a turbo nozzle?
let someone else do it for u (for min wage ?!) - that's the only way to stay dry and comfy haha

Today I went to a garage which was - luckily very close . ppl were staring at me a bit too much so when i got back i looked in the door mirror and was almost to ask - who the hell is this :devil: however even if I had a muddy face I am happy as today I got the jackpot £290

2014_05_30_14_24_41.jpg

2014_05_30_14_24_47.jpg

2014_05_30_16_16_33.jpg

nice kit nice job...nice earner.../emoticons/smile.png

i kinda couldnt be bothered to put on my wet gear the other day....biiiiiggggggmistake...its a dirty job but someones gotta do it..:feet:

Great pics :thumbsup:

I bet that 21 lpm beasty rips through the work in no time?

Best consider getting yourself a decent fsc as will be even quicker to do areas that size.

Mind you I find it's the clean up that takes time.

let someone else do it for u (for min wage ?!) - that's the only way to stay dry and comfy haha
Today I went to a garage which was - luckily very close . ppl were staring at me a bit too much so when i got back i looked in the door mirror and was almost to ask - who the hell is this :devil: however even if I had a muddy face I am happy as today I got the jackpot £290

2014_05_30_14_24_41.jpg

2014_05_30_14_24_47.jpg

2014_05_30_16_16_33.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock