Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Before and after roof power wash

WCF

Help Support WCF:

That's an amazing difference, I bet your customers over the moon with it. Do you ever get any damage to the roof tiles from the pressure washer?

Thanks guys, I don't do many of these, but it's good to add it to your services!

I don't use chemicals at all, I just use the turbo nozzle and work my way along the roof, as for safety, usually id use a cherry picker, but this roof isn't that steep so can easily be walked on,

These tiles don't break, the customer told me to go up on foot and do it, as he's been up there loads of times to do bits and bobs, but he's now older so doesnt like doing this sort of thing anymore...

Although i did spot some loose tiles that need replacing, customer is going to get them done once I finished,

Pressure washer wouldn't damage these tiles, there solid, just like doing a patio really...

Water won't go into the attic as long as you don't fire up into the gaps, even then, I'd say it's pretty much impossible as the overlap was huge on this particular roof! You could take a tile off and the ones under still cover the whole roof, not sure if there all like that though!

It's the mess it creates thays the horrible part as I had to sweep the driveway and path after id done it which took ages and was really annoying!!!!

Second half tomorrow...

Then gotta clean gutters as there now filthy!

Sure sounds like alot of work. At least you have some great photos for the portfolio. Maybe take one half way through tomorrow incase you have an advert that needs a single photo. Hope it pays well. Sure makes a change from cleaning windows though eh /emoticons/wink.png

lovely job jake...be careful on that other side...looks steeper...

yeh twas too hot at times today...

watch out windies for wednesday..

im alright...on my bungalows so can dodge about.../emoticons/biggrin.png

I've got a 10meter hose that I add to the 20m I've got, so 30m :thumbsup:

And by the way, you need ear protection, cos the drone of a turbo nozzle and the ridiculous noise of the PW will drive you up the wall!!!

Wow! Good job mate. U got an IPAF licence jake? Or do u hire with operator? Bet their pricey to hire!

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Window Cleaning Forums

Wow! Good job mate. U got an IPAF licence jake? Or do u hire with operator? Bet their pricey to hire!
Sent from my GT-S6810P using Window Cleaning Forums
Cheers mate!

Didn't need one for this job, but no there's no law to suggest you need ipaf, I hire them from a local place and it's only £80 with insurance, bargain!

ya not foolin cheapie ...ya just re tiled the lot....:rofl:

now come on jakey to the innocent what the fecks the ipaf thingy...

me thought you just went walk about up there with your extended power washer hose...

ya not foolin cheapie ...ya just re tiled the lot....:rofl:
now come on jakey to the innocent what the fecks the ipaf thingy...

me thought you just went walk about up there with your extended power washer hose...

You've lost me cheap! I didn't use a cherry picker for this job, I just walked on the roof!

Ipaf is just a course for peeps to learn how to use a picker - waste of time in my book!

I have used cherry pickers for other jobs - but not this one

ahhh yes with you now..

hey cheapie had a mini digger once..ya soon pick it up...

farmer giles sent cheapie up in his version of a cherry picker to use his wfp....hmmmm.

well saves a visit to blackpool pleasure beach..cheapie went on the mad mouse once..yeh once was enough..

Back