8mm vs 6mm main hose

Green Pro Clean Ltd

22 hours ago, Pjj said:

The thermobore is good hose but it’s a bit heavier than the yellow , when it’s been used fir hot wager if you then use cold with it it is quite stiff but the yellow microbore dies exactly the same thing stuff as a board when cold used but with hot it softens it up 

I'm in a dilemma as to what to do about the thermobore as I don't wanting to be chewing on with it if it's not a practical cold water hose to use on a daily basis if it's going to twist and kink and be a p.i.a to use 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Iron Giant

• Green Pro Clean Ltd

• spruce

• Master Jedi Alejandro

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Could be a bit of both after emailing Oliver this morning a very helpful sales team member called Emily rang me to say it's out of stock so I am been provided with 100m of the thermobore hose for the

Put the Grippa Thermobore on my reel and used it for the first time today, what a bleedin joy to use really quite soft even though it had been sat in my garage for about 2 days along with using cold w

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Iron Giant said:

I'm in a dilemma as to what to do about the thermobore as I don't wanting to be chewing on with it if it's not a practical cold water hose to use on a daily basis if it's going to twist and kink and be a p.i.a to use 

It won’t twist and kink but it is a bit heavier , in your situation the yellow microbore would probably be better 

12 hours ago, Pjj said:

It won’t twist and kink but it is a bit heavier , in your situation the yellow microbore would probably be better 

Thanks Paul, I am now also thinking will it fit on my PowerUp reel with it having a 12mm OD did you have any on your reels before you switched to the new 3D reels

Just seen a video online it looks way too big for my reel and checked measurements of 12mm just shy of 1/2 an inch no way 100m of 1/2" hose is going to fit on my reel 

Edited by Iron Giant
addition
8 hours ago, Iron Giant said:

Thanks Paul, I am now also thinking will it fit on my PowerUp reel with it having a 12mm OD did you have any on your reels before you switched to the new 3D reels

Just seen a video online it looks way too big for my reel and checked measurements of 12mm just shy of 1/2 an inch no way 100m of 1/2" hose is going to fit on my reel 

I had 100 meters of the thermo hose +30 meters of pole hose on both the HD reels and the 3D ones 

6B21DC0D-F498-45AC-8E0C-8F1DF8EFDDE1.jpeg

BF89BFD5-DE07-4BE2-85AC-A1D4AA620777.jpeg

C43360B4-D05F-41CE-AA1A-2AC1FDD00A09.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Pjj said:

I had 100 meters of the thermo hose +30 meters of pole hose on both the HD reels and the 3D ones 

6B21DC0D-F498-45AC-8E0C-8F1DF8EFDDE1.jpeg

BF89BFD5-DE07-4BE2-85AC-A1D4AA620777.jpeg

C43360B4-D05F-41CE-AA1A-2AC1FDD00A09.jpeg

Thanks for the reply and pics, checked me email spam folder this morning and had a dispatch notice from Grippa so it's on it's way, I also ordered a 100m from waterworks on Friday night so may very well cancel the Waterworks stuff as my thinking is the thicker outer wall of the Thermobore may be more robust even if it is a bit of a pig to handle at times. 

Put the Grippa Thermobore on my reel and used it for the first time today, what a bleedin joy to use really quite soft even though it had been sat in my garage for about 2 days along with using cold water, very easy to handle reduce snagging with it been thicker hose and doesn't get wedged under car tyres so very easily like 6mm hose, 

6mm hose that I've been using was a pig to use by comparison twisted easily and was hard at times, the Waterworks stuff I had delivered the other day feels rock hard compared to the GrippaTank hose, so the WaterWorks will be getting sent back as it looks and feels like the Circuit Hydraulics hose

il_570xN.390075816_85zy.jpg

Edited by Iron Giant
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1