32 posts in this topic

having a mare of a day -4 trying to clean windows my ladders frozen solid which isn't the best start and biggest issue is when applying water by time j go to tane off its frozen solid to glass ! If I can order some ipa help in my bucket and will it make a mess of glass?

Put some anti freeze in it and trad like normal

I'm having the morning off as i am over my cold now but feel wiped out..does mean doing a bit saturday to get back on track but worth it

Tradded for 24 winters and it sometimes isn't fun

Asda do cheap 5l tubs of antifreeze concentrate..a big splash in the bucket should help

2 people like this

Tradded for 24 winters and it sometimes isn't fun

Asda do cheap 5l tubs of antifreeze concentrate..a big splash in the bucket should help

thanks for the tip slammed some in and got a bit of work done before dark

1 person likes this

Didn't even bother trying today. Admin day!!!

I fill my bucket with hot water, then put my applicator in the bucket on the way to first job. By the time I get there, its unfrozen

First job for me today was a trad job. It usually takes me an hour to do. It took just under 2 hours today :eek: -4, my hands were sticking to the ladders it was that cold. The water was freezing on impact. Luckily the woman insists I use her hot water tap for water. I was mopping the window and then blading an icy mess off. I had to keep dunking the applicator in the hot water and rub it all over the glass to warm the glass up so that I could blade it off properly. The woman had to foot the ladder on 3 windows as well because the block paving was slippery.

ladder m8trix really good bit of kit worth getting if only used on the odd occasion.