Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facelift flow controller issue

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Richard Brown

hi.

I'm having issues with my facelift flow controller. The unit was working fine, cleaning windows etc. Stopped for lunch. Then came back and the reading was down to 0. I tried using the off button but he system won't turn off. The up button doesn't change anything either. I disconnected power and when it restarted it gives me the reading it was set to before (32) then in a split second scrolls down to zero , it's as if the down arrow button is stuck. But it's clicking like normal , I've taken the box apart and nothing is damaged and no water has gotten in. It's like brand new. Spoke to window cleaning warehouse and they said asmits 14 months old it's out of the 12 month warranty so I have to buy a new flow controller (£105) !! Any ideas. I've tried using electrical contact cleaner to clear any mess but it's stayed sealed since I bought it so no idea what could've happened.

image.jpg

Is it the controller or your battery possibly I have no experience with facelift controllers but if it is knackered I would buy one from gardiners or elsewhere not facelift

Why not contact Spring controllers and ask for their advice.

The person to contact is Ian Sheppard.

[email protected]

He Is very helpful and really nice chap, He would be able to explain why this is occurring.

Generally, most controller problems are moisture ingress or getting the polarity wrong when connecting up the battery after 'bench' charging. Why this should happen during the day is a question I don't have an answer to.

Williamson Pumps make the Varistream and Spring controllers make the others which are relabeled to each suppliers colours. There are numerous other DIY makes on Ebay that are just flow (speed) controllers and don't have an inbuilt pressure facility.

Back