Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cricket net clean

Williams Jet Wash

Williams jet wash Services
IMG_5952.JPG Any advice for this cricket nets area looks to be some kind of turfed area I thought it was wet pour at first but looks like expensive false turf for cricket? Anyone have any advice on Chems suitable for job I was thinking method scrape and brush up moss first then flat surface clean it? What a challenge for myself do I wish to accept!

Would of thought that a good rake up would do the business, then some biocide down. I have no idea about using a FSC on AstroTurf, wouldn't want to damage it! That's one out of the ordinary job you landed there for sure /emoticons/biggrin.png

Hard one as you dont want to bleach the artificial turf but also a slow killing biocide might not give the instant result the customer will no doubt be looking for. Personally if I was doing it Id either ditch it onto someone else to make a balls up of or run a combine over it then set it on fire, the weeds etc are coming through the turf (one of the selling points they dont tell you when putting it down is that membrane under it only stops things coming up. it dosent stop seeds that blow onto the surface and root into the supporting sand growing with wild abandon) take off the tops with a rake and wedol the hell out of it, return later to rake the remaining dead **** off it or get licensed to use industrial weekillers.oh and for the love of god dont pressure wash it if its artifical turf, even the expensive stuff (read insanity levels of expensive) is just heavy duty carpet on a thick rubber mat, you'll pull the threads out and itll be horrendous, used to put this stuff down in my previous life as a landscape gardener, also its full of kiln dried to keep the individual "grass" blades pointing upwards rather than carpet flat, no chance id touch it with a 20ft barge pole

Would of thought that a good rake up would do the business, then some biocide down. I have no idea about using a FSC on AstroTurf, wouldn't want to damage it! That's one out of the ordinary job you landed there for sure /emoticons/biggrin.png
Thanks for reply it's not Astro not sure what it is on closer inspection looks like a turf specific for cricket

Hard one as you dont want to bleach the artificial turf but also a slow killing biocide might not give the instant result the customer will no doubt be looking for. Personally if I was doing it Id either ditch it onto someone else to make a balls up of or run a combine over it then set it on fire, the weeds etc are coming through the turf (one of the selling points they dont tell you when putting it down is that membrane under it only stops things coming up. it dosent stop seeds that blow onto the surface and root into the supporting sand growing with wild abandon) take off the tops with a rake and wedol the hell out of it, return later to rake the remaining dead **** off it or get licensed to use industrial weekillers.oh and for the love of god dont pressure wash it if its artifical turf, even the expensive stuff (read insanity levels of expensive) is just heavy duty carpet on a thick rubber mat, you'll pull the threads out and itll be horrendous, used to put this stuff down in my previous life as a landscape gardener, also its full of kiln dried to keep the individual "grass" blades pointing upwards rather than carpet flat, no chance id touch it with a 20ft barge pole
Hi Ben thanks for input im going down there now at 6 for closer inspection and chat with the committee they've asked me to jet wash it im going to do a test patch and see how it cones up and that way we both are on same wavelength about what time of clean up can he achieved with such a "difficult" surface- I'm happy to work away if turbo seems to damage surface in anyway- I was thinking to. Shovel and brush off the heaviest green then jetwash then leave with a biocide wash to keep the green at bay as this netted area is builth next to woodland its prime breeding ground for moss

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock