Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van security

WCF

Help Support WCF:

So due to my setup I need to leave the van doors open while I am working. I am wanting to upgrade some of my equipment soon including a brand new powered reel and some new poles so I am now more aware of how exposed the van is to theft. I never really worried about the old rags and bucket before but will be a different story after putting a couple grand of new stuff in there. 

So what options are there for security if I need my doors left open? Insurance obviously first. I heard someone using a motion sensor alarm in theirs but not sure about that. A lot of my jobs are parked on roads and out of sight so any advice or suggestions would be most welcome. 

Last edited:
Cut a hole and put a roller either in the door or in the floor so the hose can be pulled out with the door locked

Cut a hole and put a roller either in the door or in the floor so the hose can be pulled out with the door locked
I am trying to work out how to do this. Trouble is I have the main hose connected securely to a work belt with a lever tap. This works great for me as I have complete control over the water flow and I pull the hose from my waist which really helps round corners and when the pole is up. So I really want to keep the belt but obviously can't have it dangling, exposed out the back of the van. 

Last edited:
When i use my mates setup the hose is out the floor

The pole goes in the van with the hose round the bumper and the door shut on it

You could chuck the belt inside also and then shut the door

I would be going for the roller option GrippaTank sell what look like a decent options and not badly priced one through the floor then 2 more to fit underneath the van so you can pull the out without hose getting trapped under van tyres when pulling towards the front of the van.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Latest Posts

Back