Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moor

Anyone use guttercleaningsystems.co.uk vacs?

Philip

I found persistence pays off. It took a week to get my vac and poles. Keep trying the mobile number as Alex does finally answer the phone. When my vac came it was damaged I emailed them and there sending out a replacement this week.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Tuffers
1 minute ago, Moor said:

Have you got the tapered poles or clamped versions?

Clamped alloy poles.

Moor
1 minute ago, Philip said:

Another thing I wondered is it possible to buy vac poles that are the same as wfp as in they slide into each other?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Carbonfibretubes do a telescopic pole, I would imagine the bore would be considerably reduced at the top though.

Moor
2 minutes ago, Tuffers said:

Clamped alloy poles.

How do you find the clamps? I’m presuming it’s a similar design to the clamped carbon poles. I’m still reluctant to drop £700 without knowing what they are really like, it’s a shame they aren’t more forth coming with information or at least have a picture on their website.

Tuffers

Normal house with no extension or conny and using 3 poles they are fine. Using 5 poles at an angle is hard work and they flex where they join and this makes them hard to keep control of.

Cristian
2 hours ago, THL4KEL said:

How come you selling it Cristian?

Need to raise cash :1f911:

Cristian
1 hour ago, Tuffers said:

Normal house with no extension or conny and using 3 poles they are fine. Using 5 poles at an angle is hard work and they flex where they join and this makes them hard to keep control of.

My alloy poles are not that bad, where did you get your poles from? 

Tuffers
8 hours ago, Cristian said:

My alloy poles are not that bad, where did you get your poles from? 

Gutter cleaning place mentioned in this thread.

Moor

Well I found a picture of the anti jam poles, it’s on the homepage (yellow box right hand side) rather than the carbon pole/kit page.

http://www.guttercleaningsystems.co.uk/

What’s peoples opinions, regular tapered push fit or the kit with clamps and internal sleeves?

MikeNW
1 hour ago, Moor said:

Well I found a picture of the anti jam poles, it’s on the homepage (yellow box right hand side) rather than the carbon pole/kit page.

http://www.guttercleaningsystems.co.uk/

What’s peoples opinions, regular tapered push fit or the kit with clamps and internal sleeves?

I emailed last night and got a reply first thing this morning.  He said:

"Many thanks for your enquiry, in all honesty the clamped poles don't actually weigh that much more than the tapered poles, the tapered poles weigh 340 grams each whereas the clamped poles are 375 grams each. The tapered poles can jam, if you keep the ends clean and use ptfe spray this reduces it but it can happen, the clamped poles on the other hand don't jam and that's what we use ourselves. As we make the poles to order we are currently working on delivery 3-5 days from order (we're trying to reduce it!!)"

Cant say fairer than that I suppose.  Think im going to order the anti jam. 

Moor

I emailed again this morning and got a reply within half an hour, pretty similar story to you, he recommended the anti jam poles too, quoted delivery Friday or Monday, I should hope so for £55 postage fees!

I think I’m just going to order, seems the best kit for the money.

Moor

I have put my order in, went for the anti jam 30' option and the weed clearer.

Moor
1 hour ago, THL4KEL said:

Did u get a camera with it?

No, u can make one much cheaper. If you look at theirs it essentially a go pro copy (£25 from amazon) and a terry pipe clip (eBay £8 for 5) just use a tripod thumb screw (amazon £4) and you have for £37 what they charge £60 for.

Moor

Well I was quoted Friday or Monday delivery when I placed my order last week, no sign yet so I emailed them and apparently it will be Thursday delivery now due to supply problems....

I emailed specifically asking delivery dates and was given a timescale, it’s not that hard to keep customers informed when things go wrong is it? 

MikeNW

They must be waiting on vacs maybe?  I ordered the poles only (carbon anti jam) I think after you and they rang today to confirm the address and said they would be delivered tomorrow (tuesday).  

Will confirm they have arrived tomorrow!   

Moor

Its the vac they are waiting for. Its irritating that I'm wasting my time waiting in for deliveries that are never going to happen, if you provide dates then you should stick to them and if its not possible let your customers know. 

MikeNW
1 hour ago, Moor said:

Its the vac they are waiting for. Its irritating that I'm wasting my time waiting in for deliveries that are never going to happen, if you provide dates then you should stick to them and if its not possible let your customers know. 

Cant disagree with you there. :-(

Cristian

You already knew they were slow at delivering and not the best customer service either, so you must of known you could be hit with delays on delivery. 

Moor
11 minutes ago, Cristian said:

You already knew they were slow at delivering and not the best customer service either, so you must of known you could be hit with delays on delivery. 

There has been issues with them thats for sure, but is it unreasonable when asked for a delivery date, and been supplied with one to expect it to be delivered on that date? 

Its not like its free delivery either its £55!

Cristian

Well I hope the gear is well worth waiting for and money well spent after all the ball ache you lot have went through with this company. 

Moor

I hope so too, it will be going back if it's not!

Moor

Yes, 3000W vac, 30ft anti jam carbon poles, weed clearing tools, they threw in a camera mount with it as i already have a camera.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.