Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone use guttercleaningsystems.co.uk vacs?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

No worries, for upto 3 stories what I picked and built does the job. Look at the water lift capability not just the watts. Try and stick with a known brand as allot of the vacs being sold are Chinese junk with unknown capability that's just made up by the seller in my opinion. Get a vac that's also got at least a 50 litre drum as on most jobs you will fill it in no time. 

I fitted a Numatic 51mm side entry onto the Hyundai pro using the original small outlet. This turns it into a cyclonic action, keeps all the **** away from the motor by spinning everything to the outside of the drum.

It also improves suction and allot less blockages, I only use the foam filter provided from Huyandai around the bottom of the motor housing. The vac has a metal float cut off for water, but to be honest I never sucked that much water up with it to ever activate it. The hose,poles and tool end are all 50mm for the best flow and I used only 5mtrs of vac hose to cut down on suction loss as the more hose you have the more suction drop off you will get. 

You have to take into consideration the length of the poles and tool head as well regarding suction losses. The shorter the pull the more suction available. And yes, some of the companies selling gutter kits are taking the pee regarding prices!! 
How come you selling it Cristian?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Moor, they do sell the 3000w vac separately. I emailed them because I dropped mine out the back of my van and cracked some of the plastic causing lack of suction. He quoted me £350 inc VAT & delivery.

BTW, if you want a 3000w vac that needs repairing, 50mm hose and 7 alloy poles let me know. I'm not far from you.

Probably made in the same factory but rebranded. What you need to be aware of is that the outlet needs to be 50mm so that the hose and poles will connect. I emailed 2 suppliers on eBay asking if their outlets were 50mm. Neither bothered replying. Gutter cleaning systems add a 50mm outlet onto their vacs.

As for people saying about bad customer service, I've contacted them twice via email and they responded both times. The first email I sent I asked if they could supply a thumb screw as I had lost one on my first ever job. They sent one out free of charge!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks tuffers but im

no appliance engineer unfortunately.

I'm still massively confused, they also sell a Karcher setup for £1400, the vac can be had separately for £504, poles are £60+vat per 2m length from carbonfibretubes.co.uk it all adds up to more than I want to spend though really. 

Im further away from a purchase now than when I started.

I think I might just bite the billet and go with the original choice, seems the best value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good stuff!  I guess they are just busy!  I have emailed them this evening.  If I get a reply I will order from them!  Nice to hear some positive reports.  Not heard anything bad about them untill this thread, some of the stories are a bit off putting!

I rang the ebay seller of that vac, they said it was a 50mm inlet.   Ive got a smaller vac im hoping to use anyway though. 

Probably made in the same factory but rebranded. What you need to be aware of is that the outlet needs to be 50mm so that the hose and poles will connect. I emailed 2 suppliers on eBay asking if their outlets were 50mm. Neither bothered replying. Gutter cleaning systems add a 50mm outlet onto their vacs.

As for people saying about bad customer service, I've contacted them twice via email and they responded both times. The first email I sent I asked if they could supply a thumb screw as I had lost one on my first ever job. They sent one out free of charge!

Have you got the tapered poles or clamped versions?

Thanks tuffers but im

no appliance engineer unfortunately.

I'm still massively confused, they also sell a Karcher setup for £1400, the vac can be had separately for £504, poles are £60+vat per 2m length from carbonfibretubes.co.uk it all adds up to more than I want to spend though really. 

Im further away from a purchase now than when I started.

haha sounds like we are in exactly the same boat! 

Clamped alloy poles.

How do you find the clamps? I’m presuming it’s a similar design to the clamped carbon poles. I’m still reluctant to drop £700 without knowing what they are really like, it’s a shame they aren’t more forth coming with information or at least have a picture on their website.

Normal house with no extension or conny and using 3 poles they are fine. Using 5 poles at an angle is hard work and they flex where they join and this makes them hard to keep control of.

Normal house with no extension or conny and using 3 poles they are fine. Using 5 poles at an angle is hard work and they flex where they join and this makes them hard to keep control of.
My alloy poles are not that bad, where did you get your poles from? 

Well I found a picture of the anti jam poles, it’s on the homepage (yellow box right hand side) rather than the carbon pole/kit page.

http://www.guttercleaningsystems.co.uk/

What’s peoples opinions, regular tapered push fit or the kit with clamps and internal sleeves?
 I emailed last night and got a reply first thing this morning.  He said:

"Many thanks for your enquiry, in all honesty the clamped poles don't actually weigh that much more than the tapered poles, the tapered poles weigh 340 grams each whereas the clamped poles are 375 grams each. The tapered poles can jam, if you keep the ends clean and use ptfe spray this reduces it but it can happen, the clamped poles on the other hand don't jam and that's what we use ourselves. As we make the poles to order we are currently working on delivery 3-5 days from order (we're trying to reduce it!!)"

Cant say fairer than that I suppose.  Think im going to order the anti jam. 

I emailed again this morning and got a reply within half an hour, pretty similar story to you, he recommended the anti jam poles too, quoted delivery Friday or Monday, I should hope so for £55 postage fees!

I think I’m just going to order, seems the best kit for the money.

Back