Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What would you do???

WCF

Help Support WCF:

GSS Window Cleaning

Cleaned a customers house yesterday and as I was cleaning the bathroom window he had a mirror leaned against the window and the vibrations from cleaning knocked the mirror off and smashed it. He's asking for 2 free window cleans at £12. Which personally I feel he's taking the Mick and 99% of my customers would just let this slide. I'm my defence I texted him the night before to say i was coming so he should have removed anything like this. £24 Isn't a big deal. Just a bit annoyed and he's Asian and we all know what they are like get on to take the Mick with prices.

IMG-20171025-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20171025-WA0002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very much depends on if you want his business or not. In my humble opinion as you couldn't see it you can't be responsible for breaking it. As you say you told him you were coming so it is up to him to ensure windows etc are secure. 

This however will probably cost you the job, I personally would offer the next wash free as a good will gesture 

Drop him, probably in the future  he'll try and sting you for something bigger. Is a big problem for everyone this compensation culture, puts everyones bills up and messes it up for genuine claimants. whip lash and all that. Yeh, get shot of him bud.

Sounds like a problem customer to me - how were you supposed to know there was a mirror the other side of the window?

To give myself a clear conscience I would apologise, offer him the clean free of charge & just walk away.

No sir. We don't do 'free cleans

We do however have liability insurance for such a matter so if you wish to make a claim for the 'alleged' damage then please let me know and so will advise the insurers and they will be in touch with you to go through the process. 

Kind regards. Ur X Windy. 

I can’t see how Your wfp brush can cause a vibration to make the mirror fall.

No FREE. CLEANS, **** him he is trying it on 2free cleans ??. Matalan mirror never costs £24 , like pro green said tell him to claim off your insurance, and pack him in 

i would give him £12 and say thats for the broken mirror and this is the last clean as your taking the pixxxxxs ,he sounds like a twxxxt so eather way that would be the last clean ,i had some one just like this i gave her 3 free cleans over 2 years as i marked a window leg wich i buffed out with some upvc restorer then swiched her to the pole wich i got a call back to reclean as she wasent happy with the pole job on inspection i saw no spotting any were then there was a insindent were i broke one of them beads that block the drain holes on the fraim of a lower window the dam thing was rotton enother 3 clean lol so walked away , any way morrel of the story give one 3 b expect more at any given chance  :1f644:  

Back