Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Church windows

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Squeegee1

Been asked by my local church if I'd be interested in cleaning all the church windows inside and out.

Some are stained glass others are leaded.

I would generally run a mile at this sort of job but I'm tempted as they haven't been done for 25 years.

Obviously I'll be unable to wfp. Has anybody done any similar work. As not sure what to use. Ect. Just doing a day after Christmas to see how we get on and go from there.

Any advice welcome. 

What’s the job worth lol? can you imagine breaking one of them buggers and what the cost would be to replace it...id be crossing a border never mind running a mile [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Aye bud, leave it to the brave i would, never mind the stained glass, it could stain your glass cleaning rep for an age if it goes pete tong [emoji51] you’d never hear the last of it. 700 year old window originally painted by vincent van jesus...oh gawd ?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I did the insides of a church year ago windows were over 100 years old , Its a case of detergent in a spray bottle lots of cloths and scrims. 

Been asked by my local church if I'd be interested in cleaning all the church windows inside and out.

I would generally run a mile at this sort of job but I'm tempted as they haven't been done for 25 years.

Obviously I'll be unable to wfp. Has anybody done any similar work. As not sure what to use. Ect. Just doing a day after Christmas to see how we get on and go from there.

Any advice welcome. 
I've been doing an annual clean on a church for the last five years with stained glass.  I Trad the lot, inside & out (although had to leave some due to being too high/risky), just one damp microfibre, and one dry one.  Get quicker every year! Just watch your hands, they can be some sharp metal things protruding, particularly on the inside. When I go back next year I may try wfp......

Any advice welcome. 
an intresting topic this one,i'm sure your insurance would cover you for this kind of work but just double check with the broker first as to the small print,personally i would not have an issue using wfp on the outsides using say a medium mixed soft from gardiners,as for the insides,a small tower scaffold would be ideal but i would have thought the distance from the wall to the pews may hinder things,if the only option is a ladder then a bit of care needs to be taken ie placeing thick socks over the top of the ladder so you don't mark the wall.

for cleaning the glass then a simple shoe brush works a treat to polish the lead and glass up, applying dry (oviously not wet)plaster to the brush will help clean the glass quicker and better but you'll need dustsheets down that would be my preffered option over glass cleaner and scrims anyday-hope this helps

I got asked a few years ago to remove cobwebs from windows ( cobwebs over 150 years old from when church was new ) ready for Christmas . At the time only had a 6m pole so put feather duster on a stick on the end .Ok till got to window above font . Had my big double extension + 6m pole with duster and still couldn't reach top . Morale being double check what the height of windows are maybe taller than they look .

Any advice welcome. 
One of my oldest I won't touch the inside but outside is water fed with very soft brush and nice misting fan jets gently stoke the brush across a couple of passes and the customers are over the moon with the result
2199f8dc910d2d3e4d7a324eb669bec2.jpg

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

One of my oldest I won't touch the inside but outside is water fed with very soft brush and nice misting fan jets gently stoke the brush across a couple of passes and the customers are over the moon with the result

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Looks good mate not sure if have the bottle to use wfp though 

Latest Posts

Back