Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Christmas skippers at crimbo

WCF

Help Support WCF:

adamangler

Wakefield Window Warrior
These titles are doing my nut!

Anyway .. text about 8 custys for tomorrow who have locked gates.

Got 2 can we skip this one's, never skipped before..one because of Christmas lights all over the house the other just because it's Christmas and they dont want the expense.

Don't usually tolerate skippers but I suppose I will expect a few more to come this week as people don't want to for out so close to crimbo.

Not that I'm bothered, would have struggled to get round them all this week anyway.

So I will let any skippers slide this week as Christmas good will.

Anyone else get skippers this form of year?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've not had anyone skip although I have been expecting it. I've had a few cash customers that 'forgot' to pay last week, probably down to being busy or feeling the pinch.

Yeah, get 2 sorts at this time of year, the skipper and the don’t forget me’s... and will get bunch more slippers through January too after they’ve over spent at Christmas.

Yeah, get 2 sorts at this time of year, the skipper and the don’t forget me’s... and will get bunch more slippers through January too after they’ve over spent at Christmas.

Oh yeh January should see a few skippers as well. 

I suppose with the time of year and the bad weather etc you just have to expect to get less done. Nevermind.

I find it all balances out this time of year, it can be a struggle to get round everything with the bad weather and shorter days, so I’d prefer a few skippers to letting custies down because I’m behind. And more than make up for it in the summer with add-ons.

I will finish Friday till New Year

All customers have had a text to let them know and been told if they want to be sure a clean before New Year to text back 'Yes Please'

About 60% that have them done during that week have text back so far asking for a clean and I will bust a hump this week to get them in. 

I will toss it out there again but since the summer and the 100% GoCardless rule I have practically zero 'skippers. Perhaps theres a connection? 

One has asked for a miss due to crumb lights but I ain't bothered... she pays my bills the other 11 months of the year. 

I can’t remember the last time a custy asked to miss a clean for no good reason . I am the only one who decides to miss . Building work or new windows about to be fitted are usually the only time I miss . Sounds like you have a few **** custys . 

I can’t remember the last time a custy asked to miss a clean for no good reason . I am the only one who decides to miss . Building work or new windows about to be fitted are usually the only time I miss . Sounds like you have a few **** custys . 

Yeh I still have a few rubbish customers but it's not many really. 

The ones who skipped this week don't normally so won't hold it against them.

Not really bothered if a few more skip really was just wondering if it's normal this time of year...seems it probably is more likely..finishing Friday no matter what so if I'm done by Thursday instead so be it. Will be a week behind come new year so plenty of work to go at then.

Why not crack on and get some work which is due next week done . A bit more cash and not as far behind come the new year . 

Why not crack on and get some work which is due next week done . A bit more cash and not as far behind come the new year . 

Mainly because my girlfriend is full term pregnant and the due date is actually tomorrow! so any time now I could be dropping everything anyway so don't even know if I'll get all this week's done. So if I can get done early this week at least i can relax. We shall see.

I don't mind the odd skipper, But so far so good I will be doing next Mondays work on Friday if things go as planned this week.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I wish i had more skip at Christmas! Every single van is behind and even i'm working like a mad man to put on a good show on how it should be done lol Next year going to have something in place to prevent this and for the customers who "MUST" have clean windows :) 

I wish i had more skip at Christmas! Every single van is behind and even i'm working like a mad man to put on a good show on how it should be done lol Next year going to have something in place to prevent this and for the customers who "MUST" have clean windows :) 
Lol I agree. Wouldn't mind a few skippers also

Text tomorrows work and another 2 saying not this time.

Part of me is quite annoyed and wanting to dump them... Normally I would say something..but biting my lip and just saying no problem thanks. 

Still going to put a strike against their name though as I think it's a bit cheeky to expect a regular service year round then just think you can say no when it suits.

But I suppose they are just cash cows to me so try not to take it personal when they show no respect.

Anybody skips Xmas week I won’t b cleaning there windows ever again , it’s ur Xmas and ur family’s Xmas aswell if u had customers like these u wouldn’t have a business . Get rid of messers

I wouldn't say people are messers because they ask to not be done this time of the year. Some people get it hard this time of the year. If I wasn't paid so well myself and wasn't a window cleaner id probably ask to leave them 

I always hope some of the few houses I clean cancel this time of year. Nice little day tomorrow. 2 schools to clean( primary) . They said their budget was straining. I said why not just have the outsides done and leave the insides. Will be on the first one at first light. Will have em both done by 2!

Latest Posts

Back