Hi guest don't want to see slide in ads? Register for free! Read more... ×
Suhrly

This is my areas mentality about pricing and water fed...

I saw this on my Facebook feed today from someone who had just had her windows cleaned (They weren't cleaned by me btw!) :

'Aren't window cleaners meant to dry your windows after they washed them? 10 quid to wet my windows...don't think so mate 🙄 not a chance..'

Now, this was for a typical 2/3 bedroom semi-detatched house in the North East of England. What does this say to you? How would you react?

Report PostReport post

I would say to her - you do know you have just had your windows cleaned by purified dionized water, which has zero metal in it. Its not tap water, its not mineral water its totally different,  water drops left do not leave any stains so you get a flawless finish plus your frames and cills will be spotless as well. If I was you I would get back in touch with your cleaner and ask him whens hes going to comeback for the next clean, before you get replaced by a new customer, probably your neighbour who noticed how clean your windows are and was very jealous.

Report PostReport post

Firstly the customer shows a little ignorance and if asked her window cleaner would have explained the method and allayed any fears.
Secondly when you see these little Facebook rants, is this customer going to berate the window cleaner, "wet windows, don't think so mate" to his face.
Or thirdly, " Thank you Mr window cleaner, I've never seen my windows so sparkly! More tea?"
Take your pick "nowt queer as folk" as they say up here, lol.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Report PostReport post

Done a Job beginning of the week

Wfp tops&Trad bottoms
She comes out and says
‘What’s this’
So I’m trying to explain the theory of pure water and how I’ll be using this for tops and all I can see as I’m explaining to her her nodding her head as if I can wet my windows myself with a hose
I just felt like squeegee her face!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Report PostReport post

11 hours ago, Suhrly said:

I saw this on my Facebook feed today from someone who had just had her windows cleaned (They weren't cleaned by me btw!) :

'Aren't window cleaners meant to dry your windows after they washed them? 10 quid to wet my windows...don't think so mate 🙄 not a chance..'

Now, this was for a typical 2/3 bedroom semi-detatched house in the North East of England. What does this say to you? How would you react?

There are some people you just can't please. Wpf is a recognised and accepted window cleaning method today. I wouldn't even waste my breath trying to talk reason with someone like that - more so if it was genuine.

We cleaned a customers windows for 4 years wfp. They didn't know how we did it as they were never in. We collected every Friday evening and they were always as happy as larry to see us. Then one day we cleaned while she was in. She was not happy that we left the windows wet to dry. I explained we had used this method ever since we started cleaning and they were always very happy with the results.

But it seemed it was like trying to reason with a terrorist. The next time he aggressively cancelled us in favour of a trad cleaner and they've totally blanked us ever since. It doesn't matter to me at all. They are the ones who have lost out as I replaced the job.

We had a referral about 3 months ago from an existing customer. The potential one asked if we used the method with a brush on the end of a pole. Yes I told her. Well my husband wants it done properly by hand.

OK, but I can't help you. I fell from ladders once in the trad days and that was my warning shot. Thanks for your enquiry. Bye.

Edited by spruce

Report PostReport post

A tenners a lot of money up here.

A guy walked past me yesterday morning, nice area...how much for a 3 bed semi in that road?

£10 I said (cheap imo) he turned his nose up and said I'll ask my landlord and walked off

Facebook is a pain, the price they seem to like round here is 6,7,8 quid.

Anything into double figures is a hard sell

Report PostReport post

2 hours ago, adamangler said:

A tenners a lot of money up here.

A guy walked past me yesterday morning, nice area...how much for a 3 bed semi in that road?

£10 I said (cheap imo) he turned his nose up and said I'll ask my landlord and walked off

Facebook is a pain, the price they seem to like round here is 6,7,8 quid.

Anything into double figures is a hard sell

Absolutely mate! The only way I generally can go into double figures is when they have a conservatory

Report PostReport post

To be fair, if the tds readings are low, you will get pretty decent results just with taking a hose to the window. A lot of people do that here on the islands, and it works fine enough.

Doesn't get off bird droppings and salt that easily, but if done regularly a lot of people are content with a slightly sub par result.

If someone mocks my prices, or I don't want a job, I can find myself saying "just take a hose to it". :1f602:

Report PostReport post