Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Upto 50 customers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

? time and experience you'll get him!

View attachment 25255
Those low rider type bikes are nice to look at and lovely to ride on a dead straight road, however they suck the fun out of a ride out when it comes to winding, bendy lanes in my opinion.

My mate Mick has a Harley Sportster 1200 and is a very experienced rider. When a few of us go out for a run into deepest Kent, we always have to pull over to wait for him.

He’s now thinking of selling it and getting a Fireblade ?

Those low rider type bikes are nice to look at and lovely to ride on a dead straight road, however they suck the fun out of a ride out when it comes to winding, bendy lanes in my opinion.

My mate Mick has a Harley Sportster 1200 and is a very experienced rider. When a few of us go out for a run into deepest Kent, we always have to pull over to wait for him.

He’s now thinking of selling it and getting a Fireblade ?
Well if me and my sled ever get across the pond we should ride together. I've been riding daily for 35 years!

Love to ride hard and fast! ?

Not had an update since July so here it is, the next step in the HWCS journey.

Juat ordered 2 sets (one for me and one for my oppo), Marshall Pro roof scrappers, brushes and double heads.

Going live on the roof cleaning from the 1st of November, a mate thata a builder has scaffold towers i can use as and when as long as theyre not using them (they said they use the 6mt & 8mt ones about once every 2 years lol).

Have done so many hours of youtube over the last week my eyes hurt lol.

Have 5 to quote in the next cpl of weeks with 2 of them pretty much 100% in the bag already, tempted to buy a Marshall Pro sprayer for the roof, at £135 do you think its worth it @Pjj i know youve made your own, but im a buffoon so i couldnt make one.

Next update will probably be before and after pics of my first job.

Juat ordered 2 sets (one for me and one for my oppo), Marshall Pro roof scrappers, brushes and double heads.

Going live on the roof cleaning from the 1st of November, a mate thata a builder has scaffold towers i can use as and when as long as theyre not using them (they said they use the 6mt & 8mt ones about once every 2 years lol).

Have 5 to quote in the next cpl of weeks with 2 of them pretty much 100% in the bag already, tempted to buy a Marshall Pro sprayer for the roof, at £135 do you think its worth it @Pjj i know youve made your own, but im a buffoon so i couldnt make one.

Well done , I have no idear what they are like but provided it gets the product on the roof in sufficient volume Ime sure it will be ok , if you are anything like me when you have done a bit you will modify stuff to work better for you that’s what we do , Ime always happy to see others set ups and learn different ways it techniques it do a job better easier or quicker . We do lots of soft washing but not that many roof cleans as people don’t want to pay much  generally round hear to clean a roof , and we are so busy with everything else that suites me . Looking forward to seeing the before and after pics let us know how you get on .?

Just watched a e mackintoshes video of that spraying nozzle set up it’s very similar to mine but he can only go up and down the roof with fixed wheels , you need sideways movement not up and down as gravity will let it run down the roof if that makes sense , this is what I made below 

046C56D7-5D32-4A9E-9D98-F3809DD9B3C3.jpeg

9FA8FE10-F228-44B1-8CBF-780D6932A0BC.jpeg

Just watched a e mackintoshes video of that spraying nozzle set up it’s very similar to mine but he can only go up and down the roof with fixed wheels , you need sideways movement not up and down as gravity will let it run down the roof if that makes sense , this is what I made below 

View attachment 25487

View attachment 25488
That’s very clever?wish I had seen that a week ago 
I have just done my first roof clean and the hourly rate was higher than my other add ons however I’m not in any rush to do another any time soon

i only ordered the specific tile scraper for the job. Customer paid obviously ? 

I did it off a ladder as I wanted the job and didn’t t think they’d take me up had a applied the scaffold hire charge. It came up well, didn’t take a before photo so didn’t bother with an after ! Always get to a job crack on and forget to take the before photo ?‍♂️

Theres definitely a demand for it in East Anglia. I'd recommend getting the C&G Accreditation so you've got a nice fancy stamp to impress potential customers with (on top of the very good information it gives). My brother-in-law went from window cleaning to roof cleaning in about March. He is currently fully booked and has a waiting list until April 2022!

Planned on starting the roof cleaning on 1st November, advertised it starting on 1st October but actually did my first roof clean today, was only a garage converted into a room.

Took me 3hrs to do made a cpl of errors that i wont make again but was a good little job to cut my teeth on ?20210929_112231.jpg20210929_123145.jpg20210929_125947.jpgScreenshot_20210929-163058_Gallery.jpg

Planned on starting the roof cleaning on 1st November, advertised it starting on 1st October but actually did my first roof clean today, was only a garage converted into a room.

Took me 3hrs to do made a cpl of errors that i wont make again but was a good little job to cut my teeth on ?View attachment 25699View attachment 25700View attachment 25701View attachment 25702
I did a whole bungalow in the summer with a stiff brush, dusty as ****, thought my arms were gonna drop off end of the day

We scraped the roof with Marshall Pro scraper and the treated with Biocide
yes a scraper would've been a lot better. Some other firm did the biocide and i did the donkey work but dont reckon I'll do much if any more roofs. Mind you, if theres gap in the workload never know.

yes a scraper would've been a lot better. Some other firm did the biocide and i did the donkey work but dont reckon I'll do much if any more roofs. Mind you, if theres gap in the workload never know.
Ive combined a few of my smaller rounds and split some over a few rounds here n there so i how have 22 seperate rounds on 6weeklys so in theory i get 8 days in 30 to do the add ons and roofs, and can always bang in the odd saturday if needs be, amazing how much you can earn on a full weeks of add ons ?

Took me 3hrs to do made a cpl of errors that i wont make again but was a good little job to cut my teeth on ?
Great results, was it a hard sell having to say to custy that the bio takes months to kill remaining? Also any tips/what errors to avoid?

Cheers

Great results, was it a hard sell having to say to custy that the bio takes months to kill remaining? Also any tips/what errors to avoid?

Cheers
I just explained that the real results will show in 10-14 weeks and she was fine about it.

Dunno about mistakes as this was my first, but i did make 1 error i wont make again, i did both sides then realised i should have done risge tiles first lol, coz when i did the ridge tiles it all fell onto the tiles again.

The best tip, ive had from experienced roof cleaners is, scrqpe it all down to the bottom 2 tiles and vacuum it off the bottom 2 tiles rather than just clog the gutter or cover the ground with the moss.

Back