Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Upto 50 customers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Good to hear, I'll stick to the same plan. Also, did you go straight on Facebook? I keep dithering. Would rather build a business without it but if its going to get me business that fast, then it's a no brainer really. 
Cant run these days without facebook imho, i pick up a tremendous amount of work, as soon as anybody posts in local groups loads of my customers recomend me, and theres no better advertising than a dozen or more recomendations in quick sucession.

Nothing much to up date im afraid, decided with all the help ive had from the forum its only fair to give something back so have signed up to be a 'WCF HERO' a few quid a month to help the site run is the least i can do.

Oh yeah have just spent £365 on uniform for me and the lad ive got working for me.

Decided after working my nads off for 2 years and finally passing my bigboys license after many covid cancellations. I deserved a big treat so sold my little bikes and bought myself this absolute weapon 2018 cbr650f with only 421miles

20210514_194720.jpg

Screenshot_20210515-210441_Gallery.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well deserved mate. You got on with it from day one. I'm sure everyone that's followed your progress will say the same.

Enjoy your new bike but play safe please. The roads are full of idiots as you know and they don't always account for the vulnerability of riders.? ?

Nothing much to up date im afraid, decided with all the help ive had from the forum its only fair to give something back so have signed up to be a 'WCF HERO' a few quid a month to help the site run is the least i can do.

Oh yeah have just spent £365 on uniform for me and the lad ive got working for me.

Decided after working my nads off for 2 years and finally passing my bigboys license after many covid cancellations. I deserved a big treat so sold my little bikes and bought myself this absolute weapon 2018 cbr650f with only 421miles

View attachment 24648

View attachment 24649
Wanna race? ?

2DFB180D-0E58-4AB0-A0C2-153418F0DEA6.jpeg

Im not experienced enough, my mate lost me in the bends Friday night he was on 125 lol
Better he lose you on the bends for you not keeping up than lose you under a car on a bend cos you tried to. This happened to a neighbour/friend of mine around 2000. He had been telling me a couple of days before how delighted he was to have got a motorbike. I was at a garage fuelling up a navvy van when I spotted a headline on the Swindon Evening Advertiser. Twenty six year old motorcyclist killed on the Swindon ~Marlborough Road.
His name was Des Loveday. A nicer, more genuine guy would be impossible to find. I happened to know the first policeman on the scene through a friend of mine. They had to lift the car off Des. He was only a young copper and it was clear it shook him up. They reckoned that Des was following an experienced friend who took the bend successfully but Des didn't put enough lean in due to lack of experience and confidence so went wide (left hand bend on a notorious road).

Play the game but get home safe, mate. My same philosophy for kayaking. ⚓?

Better he lose you on the bends for you not keeping up than lose you under a car on a bend cos you tried to. This happened to a neighbour/friend of mine around 2000. He had been telling me a couple of days before how delighted he was to have got a motorbike. I was at a garage fuelling up a navvy van when I spotted a headline on the Swindon Evening Advertiser. Twenty six year old motorcyclist killed on the Swindon ~Marlborough Road.
His name was Des Loveday. A nicer, more genuine guy would be impossible to find. I happened to know the first policeman on the scene through a friend of mine. They had to lift the car off Des. They reckoned that he was following an experienced friend who took the bend successfully but Des didn't put enough lean in due to lack of experience so went wide (left hand bend on a notorious road).

Play the game but get home safe, mate. My same philosophy for kayaking. ⚓?
Thats terrible mate, yeah im very cautious i know how fast my bike could be but i know it will only go as fast as i ask it to, and for along time its gonna be very very cautious.

Im actually thinking of doing a few more lessons even though ive passed my test

Thats terrible mate, yeah im very cautious i know how fast my bike could be but i know it will only go as fast as i ask it to, and for along time its gonna be very very cautious.

A great idea. There might be an option to even build on that with an advanced course when you're more experienced and ready. Anyone can go fast but a rider who has it down to an art is something to behold. I'm not one but I can spot one a mile away and they're rare enough.

You can do wheelie courses and Knee down courses as well ?

Anice time for an update, its been a while.

Works still going bonkers, my 1 and only commercial job is now grossing me £1200/1500 pcm for 2x 8-2 days a month and will be increasing in Jan to £1800-2200 for 3x 8-2 days a month.

My domestic customer base is now over 600 and still the phone dont stop ringing with more customer wanting to be added to the rounds.

Im currently looking for a little van with 350ltr system in to just service GFS cleaning, conservatory cleaning, gutter vacuuming, solar panels and roof cleaning (ive passed on 3 roof cleaning jobs in as many weeks £1400/£1700/£1700), hoping to get a part timer in this van with the view to growing it f/time by mid 2022

Im considering selling my 2 furthest away days of my work (see other thread in managing you business)

And check out the photos of a new customer we started yesterday, what a gaff and the owners bought it without even seeing 1 single picture of it.

Oh and the wife is now doing 6 courses all about various aspects of running a cleaning business, so looks like we are going to be launching a sister company in 2022.

20210721_141331.jpg

20210721_141342.jpg

20210721_141401.jpg

I totally agree. He did the research, asked questions on what he was unsure of and got stuck in right from the beginning. Hats off to the man. ⚓??
My hats off to you guys on here mate, literally must owe you all a big fat steak and a beer.

2 best moves ive made since starting

1: Joined this forum

2: Left every facebook window cleaning group

Anice time for an update, its been a while.

Works still going bonkers, my 1 and only commercial job is now grossing me £1200/1500 pcm for 2x 8-2 days a month and will be increasing in Jan to £1800-2200 for 3x 8-2 days a month.

My domestic customer base is now over 600 and still the phone dont stop ringing with more customer wanting to be added to the rounds.

Im currently looking for a little van with 350ltr system in to just service GFS cleaning, conservatory cleaning, gutter vacuuming, solar panels and roof cleaning (ive passed on 3 roof cleaning jobs in as many weeks £1400/£1700/£1700), hoping to get a part timer in this van with the view to growing it f/time by mid 2022

Im considering selling my 2 furthest away days of my work (see other thread in managing you business)

And check out the photos of a new customer we started yesterday, what a gaff and the owners bought it without even seeing 1 single picture of it.

Oh and the wife is now doing 6 courses all about various aspects of running a cleaning business, so looks like we are going to be launching a sister company in 2022.

View attachment 25185

View attachment 25186

View attachment 25187
Well done you have come a long way is a short time , ones that say it’s difficult and cannot be done have been well and truly proved wrong , as I said all along it depends how hard you are prepared to work , well done keep up the good work and keep us informed of your progress ?

Back