slippy

Organising van better for more space

My van is a disorganised mess of a van is doing my head in. All just thrown in Any ideas of where to put things.  I do handyman work such as gardening, woodwork(occasionally) as well so sometimes take some of stuff out.  Was going to put a really wide shelf on one of wheel arches which would accommodate a big tool bag or tub of trad cloths and keep them off floor. Putting some things on ceiling for poles as well.  

DSC_0038.JPG

DSC_0039.JPG

When you are multi trade you are always going to be in a mess mate unless you dedicate time at the end pf every day to unload everything you dont need for the next. Ive laid off the gardening and most pf our work is on windows now, its less strenuous on my back. Apart from the mowing round every fortnight in summer we trim a few hedges and thats about it. I just cant keep taking everything on and off the van every other day to suit what weve got on, so been pushing for more cleaning work for a while. When you see guys nice neat vans they generally havent had garden waste, muddy tools and everything else in there, and they run off fixed tank systems rather than backpacks. Get a couple of hooks from screwfix to fix the poles to the wall of the van, you can screw them in to the plywood & cost peanuts

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

That’s ours today, more of a mess than normal as the skyvac is in there. if you set yours up similar rather than having that big mound of stuff at the back you might just get through the day

You just need to build in the height some. I like big storage bins with lids for extra clothing, spare parts, tools etc. You can keep those on top of your barrels and just move them aside when needed.

A proper tank is a good upgrade down the road, but working with barrels is fine as well. I did it for 3-4 months last year before it did my head in (I do mostly large commercial customers so had to switch barrels constantly) and I got a 350l tank which saved me so much grief. And made the van tidier.

I couldn't work with a van like that Slippy and incheck it would do my head in.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Lol it looks like a nightmare but as with everything you get used to it and found a good rhythm to working with it, it does get a bit exciting towards the end of the day when most of the barrels are empty so they rock around the back of the van as you’re driving

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Get the pump fixed in over the wheelarch you could poly board that.

Then if I was you I would use bread crates to organise cheap and can easily sort it and be moved