Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Unger Stingray advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Alright chaps so my customer has self cleaning glass and wants the inside cleaning. I use the under stingray for internal cleaning and have never cleaned self cleaning glass internally before. I know you aren’t meant to use chemicals on it but I’m not sure that the internal glass has the self cleaning properties or if they only add it to the outside. Any advise would be greatly appreciated chaps

Self cleaning glass is coated with a coating that breaks down muck with sun light and then washed away with rain water.

So I very much doubt that the glass would also be treated on the inside as there should be no water droplets to flush the dirt away. However, I have also learnt from experience that you can never second guess what the supplier has done.

You really need to ask the customer as they would be the most likely to know. If there was any element of doubt I would clean with cloths or pads with very limited soap to begin with if necessary.

Cheers Spruce. I’ve asked the question so I’ll wait till she gets back to me. I went to a woman Sunday who recokoned she had self cleaning on the inside of a conservatory roof, I just said I can’t do it but I’ll do the outside and she was happy with that. I didn’t really fancy cleaning the inside of a conservatory roof anyway to be fair.

I would have just done it the traditional way but even on a stepladder I won’t be able to reach the top of the glass, it’s essentially a giant glass front that’s as tall as a 2 storey house. I have the stingray thing already and was planning to invest in a couple of the extension poles to do this one.

I have a barn conversion that I clean inside the reception windows are two story I use the vikan easyshine with a gardiner’s adapter my slx18 manages just to reach the top of the glass I use brite glass and plastic cleaner or just pure water now it’s a 2 monthly maintenance clean might be a alternative option worth considering if you are going to do high internal cleans.

Back