Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Q) WFP top and TRAD BOTTOMS?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

certain houses Ill get worker to wfp the front and I’ll trad the back if there is a gate or windows on a roof etc. Certain houses you could trad the bottoms quicker. Some big long windows can sometimes be awkward and slow with wfp 

If you have the pole out for the top then it makes sense to do the bottoms as well. If you decide to Trad them then one needs more equipment and you begin to look like Robocop. :1f602:

When I was starting out with 25l containers I did tops wfp, bottom trad to conserve water. Works just fine. Now I only use wfp.

I think some of the older guys, like @Dave B, still trad a bit downstairs. The younger generation, like me , just WFP everything.
I rarely trad nowadays

Got dragged over to the darkside

Usually only on insides now

If you have the pole out for the top then it makes sense to do the bottoms as well. If you decide to Trad them then one needs more equipment and you begin to look like Robocop. :1f602:
With my trad belt I reckon it looks a bit like Arnie in commando ?

Screenshot_20161210-165947.png

Last edited by a moderator:
For me it also depends on the window. If the bottoms are highly hydrophobic I can trad them a lot quicker than standing there rinsing for ages. But in general I try to WFP everything.

Was fully Trad, but now for more personal safety mostly wfp upstairs with my backpack on a trolley, but Trad down. Also easier selling point in my mind.......oh and I like tradding.

After a year in wfp I've finally changed my last 5 bungalow's over to the pole I did trad them but I have to fill the bucket get the squeegee etc. All takes time and it's just quicker to wfp them, the only time the ladders come off the van is once every couple of months to clean an atrium and the odd gutter empty, and I don't even offer trad as an option any more.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I still do a lot of trad to be honest and my body feels better for it. Too much of the same thing gets repetitive and causes stress. Proof is in the pudding and I feel a hell of a lot better on the days when I mix and match methods rather than full days of one or the other. Also you always get the odd job that’s a pain to wfp and have to be cleaned methodically to eliminate runs from openers etc. All that time constantly going back and forth adds up and sometimes trad is quicker. That being said I am a very quick and experienced trader so for some of the newbs wfp may just be simply the way to go.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I still do a lot of trad to be honest and my body feels better for it. Too much of the same thing gets repetitive and causes stress. Proof is in the pudding and I feel a hell of a lot better on the days when I mix and match methods rather than full days of one or the other. Also you always get the odd job that’s a pain to wfp and have to be cleaned methodically to eliminate runs from openers etc. All that time constantly going back and forth adds up and sometimes trad is quicker. That being said I am a very quick and experienced trader so for some of the newbs wfp may just be simply the way to go.

Can’t think of a single circumstance on my round where trad would be quicker 

I clean everything wfp.

i have a one bed downstairs flat which is just 4 windows (2 medium size, two tiny) £5.00. It takes me from arriving to leaving 6 minutes, but 2 minutes of that is pulling in & out the hose etc. Trad would be quicker on that job. 

I clean everything wfp.

i have a one bed downstairs flat which is just 4 windows (2 medium size, two tiny) £5.00. It takes me from arriving to leaving 6 minutes, but 2 minutes of that is pulling in & out the hose etc. Trad would be quicker on that job. 
I could give loads of instances like that on my work where trad is quicker. Not to mention in the freezing winter months when leaving big puddles of water that will turn into sheet ice on custys paths and doorways is a big no no unless you wipe it up or put grit down which all takes time making trad quicker.

I could give loads of instances like that on my work where trad is quicker. Not to mention in the freezing winter months when leaving big puddles of water that will turn into sheet ice on custys paths and doorways is a big no no unless you wipe it up or put grit down which all takes time making trad quicker.

I did say ‘on my round’. I do mainly massive properties with leaded windows.

Its Saturday night, pub time ?. Have a good weekend fellow windies 

I did say ‘on my round’. I do mainly massive properties with leaded windows.
Its Saturday night, pub time [emoji481]. Have a good weekend fellow windies 

Bet they were a ball ache back in your trad days. Good old mop and scrim.
Have a good en and don’t get too ******, I know I will. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]???

Latest Posts

Back