Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Scrapper for roof

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Applepicker

Anyone recommend a good scrapper? 

Was told a decorators scraper taping and scraping spatula that goes on end of decorators pole. 

Last edited by a moderator:
On 25/06/2018 at 16:41, mark m said:

Wolf Graden tools work excellent or if you need a longer one make your own 

Thxs.  Have you got a link for those plastic scrapers?   The Wolf ones are metal and I was told could damage tiles

The above photo gave me an idea regarding scraping roof tiles. One of those wire grass rakes maybe good for scraping moss from a roof! I'll need to give it a go. :1f44d:
The wolf system clips in nicely.   I guess the scrapper I uploaded is more for icey windows.  

Wouldn't the metal rake damage the tiles?  They do a plastic rake.   Personally both Mark munro in his video above and the guy from softwashing solutions use a plastic decoraters scraper but I can't find one with screw on bit so will gaffer tape one to something 

I spoke to softwash solutions and he said a smoothing or taping knife.  6 inches gaffer taped to pole 

This one's 8 inches it closest I could find

View attachment 14340

Good idea but would take long time to do a roof. I watched a video on youtube and the guy had a small whirly on an SLX pole and he was cleaning slates from a hot water pressure washer. I'll try and find it for you.

5 hours ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Good idea but would take long time to do a roof. I watched a video on youtube and the guy had a small whirly on an SLX pole and he was cleaning slates from a hot water pressure washer. I'll try and find it for you.

Cool.  I got an SLX.    I heard u shouldn't pressure wash roofs though.  Be good to see it

I think the scraper I posted taping knife thing good for small jobs.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back