Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole Tape, will any tape do?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Not duct tape ?, if you have a Gardiners pole and it's still under warranty I am sure they would recommend the tape they use, I just use electrical tape as it works just the same

County Durham Lad

How come?  What is the purpose of the tape?  I always thought it was just there so you know when to stop pulling it further.  Thanks for the replies guys, I'll get some electrical tape.

Simply because its too thick and made of a material that won't slide down the inside of the pole. Why not try duck tape and tell us why it shouldn't be used. Just try it on one section. ?

If Gardiners says to use elecrical insulation tape that's good enough for me. We've used that for years. Now Gardiners is selling the tape linked to earlier.

Simply because its too thick and made of a material that won't slide down the inside of the pole. Why not try duck tape and tell us why it shouldn't be used. Just try it on one section. [emoji3]

If Gardiners says to use elecrical insulation tape that's good enough for me. We've used that for years. Now Gardiners is selling the tape linked to earlier.
Firstly duct tape is quite a bit thicker, and would be nightmare to get off, I think I will stick with with the electrical tape [emoji6]

County Durham Lad

Iron Giant said:
Firstly duct tape is quite a bit thicker, and would be nightmare to get off, I think I will stick with with the electrical tape [emoji6]

County Durham Lad
The tape Gardiners sell is slightly thinner than electrical I have both but personally think electrical tape is more durable.

County Durham Lad

Firstly duct tape is quite a bit thicker, and would be nightmare to get off, I think I will stick with with the electrical tape
emoji6.png

County Durham Lad

The tape Gardiners sell is slightly thinner than electrical I have both but personally think electrical tape is more durable.

County Durham Lad

They used to sell a grey tape that was thick enough to be a stop tape. I've got a roll of that. The new concept is to be able to let the poles slide apart easily so is now a marker tape to accommodate that. My old SLX40 has two different coloured markers at the bottom of each section; yellow for preferrable extended maximum but red for definitely maximum and no more.

I once bought some different coloured insulation tape from B&Q once. It wasn't good insulation tape and it was even worse using it as stop tape.

Don’t know what I’m doing right, but one of my SLX poles is nearly 5 years old and I’ve never changed the tape once ?

Pub time. Have a good weekend fellow windies ??

Don’t know what I’m doing right, but one of my SLX poles is nearly 5 years old and I’ve never changed the tape once [emoji4]
Pub time. Have a good weekend fellow windies [emoji481][emoji106]
I thought you hadn't took them apart since new, so how would you know Mr Garwood [emoji848][emoji2]

County Durham Lad

I thought you hadn't took them apart since new, so how would you know Mr Garwood
emoji848.png
emoji2.png

County Durham Lad

Well, if I haven’t taken them apart, then I haven’t changed the tape have I? 

P.s, it’s ‘taken’ not took’.

Give your head a wobble ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if I haven’t taken them apart, then I haven’t changed the tape have I? 

P.s, it’s ‘taken’ not took’.

Give your head a wobble ?
That's what I meant the tape will be knackered and you wouldn't know ?, The poles were made differently 5 years ago as the sections were a lot thicker so more durable not so much now, My S-Max which is over 5 years old is still a usable daily pole if I needed it to be as a spare the sections are worn smooth and I have no issue with clamping at any point on each section , After 7-8 months of use using slx sections #1.#2 & #3 on my Xtreme as tester to see if I could manage with the weight difference the sections have worn quite a bit more than I would have expected.

That's what I meant the tape will be knackered and you wouldn't know ?, The poles were made differently 5 years ago as the sections were a lot thicker so more durable not so much now, My S-Max which is over 5 years old is still a usable daily pole if I needed it to be as a spare the sections are worn smooth and I have no issue with clamping at any point on each section , After 7-8 months of use using slx sections #1.#2 & #3 on my Xtreme as tester to see if I could manage with the weight difference the sections have worn quite a bit more than I would have expected.
I have loosened the clamps and had a look.

A bit worn, but still does the job.

I wash through all my 3 poles after daily use and this has worked for me. ?

Latest Posts

Back