Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×
Download Our IOS and Android App! Read more... ×
trevor peacock

Why rinsing is not always necessary

trevor peacock

anyone got a link to Darren's rinsing video, I'm intrigued!!

Doddy111
anyone got a link to Darren's rinsing video, I'm intrigued!!

Same here ♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Green Pro Clean Ltd
42 minutes ago, Doddy111 said:

Same here emoji1384.png♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Think this may be the one they're talking about.  

trevor peacock

I have to disagree with this, I've been using wfp's for about 15 years. I agree some windows don't get very dirty and the water runs off in sheets, these don't need much rinsing. But some get quite grotty in a month and the water beads, these need rinsing well especially in the summer. Anyone else got an opinion ( silly Question) !!

Sorry for highjacking the original conny subject!

Green Pro Clean Ltd
30 minutes ago, trevor peacock said:

I have to disagree with this, I've been using wfp's for about 15 years. I agree some windows don't get very dirty and the water runs off in sheets, these don't need much rinsing. But some get quite grotty in a month and the water beads, these need rinsing well especially in the summer. Anyone else got an opinion ( silly Question) !!

Disagree all you like @trevor peacock, that's your entitlement mate.  All I'm saying is it works on both hydrophobic and hydrophillic glass.  -- And now there will be a long line (as usual) of the 'well I tried it and......'  however once they actually try it, they will realize perhaps there is something to it.    As said in the video (poor sound quality so maybe it's hard to hear) this is for windows that are well maintained monthly.  Give it a whirl on your front window before heading out tomorrow and see how it is when you get home -- Only gonna take you 60 seconds to find out.  

I will agree that in rare (and for us I mean very rare) circumstance, it wont work as way more scrub may be needed but for example we have on house opposite massive allotments, every single month covered in insect poops and needs tons of scrubbing but that is one of the exceptions.  

I also apologize for the thread hijack gone off track here, will see if we cant split it.  

marc674

Somehow think this is going to get a bit heated 🤣
After watching this a while back I was very doubtful. I tried it on one big window on my house and it came out ok. Have tried on some monthly jobs and results were a bit mixed. I really think its down to what the glass is like and and what the window is exposed to like main roads or been close to the sea.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Green Pro Clean Ltd
6 minutes ago, marc674 said:

Somehow think this is going to get a bit heated 🤣
After watching this a while back I was very doubtful. I tried it on one big window on my house and it came out ok. Have tried on some monthly jobs and results were a bit mixed. I really think its down to what the glass is like and and what the window is exposed to like main roads or been close to the sea.

No need for it to get heated, it is just a thread of opinion.   You are right though, I couldn't use such a quick technique even on maintenance cleans back in Jersey on the coast roads but here's one to consider...................

If it even works on just say 30% of your jobs..... how much time will you save?   That's got to be worth an investigation right?  

marc674

I Agree it definitely saves me time on on the few houses I do this way. Just a shame they can't all be done without rinsing. Am aiming for more monthly work and if even half can be done this way that's great. Seem to find any custys who have had new windows fitted and are monthly I don't need to rinse at all

Dave B
2 hours ago, trevor peacock said:

In my experience phobic glass (where it beads) is even easier and needs less of a rinse

As long as it is scrubbed with a decent flow it is clean and has less water staying on the glass to spot

I like hydrophobic glass 

Suhrly

I would actually love to give this a go, but the honest truth is...I daren't 🤣

I mean, that is the dream isn't it...no rinsing. Just scrubbing and job done. I honestly want to try it. I do a big, brand new housing estate and all the glass is gloriously hydrophylic and I would love to try it. Maybe one of these days I'll be brave enough. I have a good mate in one of those house so I suppose I could try his windows first. If that goes ok then I'll have a lot more conifidence to try it. Would get my work done in half the time.

Edited by Suhrly