Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Slow Water flow at brush

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mel Hathaway

My water flow/pressure seems to have dropped from tank to pole over time. I've clean the catch filter so I know it's not that but when I first got the system I could easily set the flow at 30 and there be a lovely stream from the brush, now I'm having to set it to nearer 50 to get the same flow. Any ideas?

When it’s cold the water is thicker and you will need to up the flow rate and probably re calibrate your controller , also as pumps get older and worn there performance won’t be as good as when they were new 

State of battery charge could also cause performance issues.

I’ve just experienced this exact phenomenon. I get a solid day with a bit to spare from a 10ah battery on my trolley. As soon as I can’t get a full day I change the battery. This usually takes about a year from new.

Well I’ve just changed the battery this week and the difference from start to finish each day was so much better. If I had to put a percentage to it I’d say 10-15% better performance overall. I don’t really notice the performance dropping until I put a new battery on.

Could well be the battery, I had a similar problem and got a new battery as definateley needed one anyway. But in this case it was I presume airlocks, but im not totally sure. I thought if airlock it would stop all water but I was getting weak flow out of it. Cleaned a few like it but rinsing was poor. After lowering pump and fitting non return valve and shortening hose length from tank to pump, was fine, so, could be a similar issue?

By the way, its great learning to spell on here, but I well and truly give up on that ***** word definately. ( I know I could look it up but felt like was cheating ? )

:banghead3:  my thoughts, it's always good to have new members on board and we are always happy to help, but there must have been 6-7 posts on this subject alone since January @Mel Hathaway please also use the search bar as various issues regarding probable causes to the issue you have may well give a clearer idea and what to check out for on your system.  

Latest Posts

Back