Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Resin change and ppm

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Liam France

I've done my first resin change as my ppm crept upto 12 then back down to 8.

After I've done the change with new resin it's reading 19 - 25,is there a procedure I'm missing out? Sorry for the dumb questions ?‍♂️

After I've done the change with new resin it's reading 19 - 25,is there a procedure I'm missing out? Sorry for the dumb questions ?‍♂️
Have you connected the DI correctly, in that the water is going in the in pipe not the out pipe, there is a line of direction on the top? Also check that you have screwed the head on correctly as water might be bypassing the resin. Are you DI only and what is your TDS before DI?

This reminds me; I need to get a funnel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you connected the DI correctly, in that the water is going in the in pipe not the out pipe, there is a line of direction on the top? Also check that you have screwed the head on correctly as water might be bypassing the resin. Are you DI only and what is your TDS before DI?
Hiya , sorry for late reply, I have the reverse osmosis system before di, tds is 356 before, can only get it down to 8ppm ?‍♂️

Hiya , sorry for late reply, I have the reverse osmosis system before di, tds is 356 before, can only get it down to 8ppm ?‍♂️
97.7% efficient! There's nothing wrong with 8ppm from 356ppm.

What @Part Timer was asking is have you connected the di vessel up the right way. There is or should be an arrow on the top that shows the direction of flow - input and outlet on the di vessel itself.

Hi guys, so.. Getting my head around it all, so I've made sure the di is all set up, all good, I have a RO before DI, my water before is about 356ish,once through RO its about 8-14 then through DI last Water check is 4, but if I clean my filters or change them on RO would this help to get it to 0? 

Thank you for your help Peeps 

Hi guys, so.. Getting my head around it all, so I've made sure the di is all set up, all good, I have a RO before DI, my water before is about 356ish,once through RO its about 8-14 then through DI last Water check is 4, but if I clean my filters or change them on RO would this help to get it to 0? 

Thank you for your help Peeps 
No changing your filters won't make a difference if your ro is taking it from 350 to 8-14 then that's working fine. Your problem is with your Di. You need to check your vessel is properly connected. How much have you filled it with resin? 

When I initially changed the resin (first time) the previous fella had only put about quarter of a tank in if that? So I put in half, after not so good results I then filled the di to about 90% resin after watching a few YouTube vids

Last edited by a moderator:
i fill my resin vessels to around 90% full,put some water in it,stick the pipe through it then screw the lid on nice and tight making sure i dont cross thread it,then give it a good shake and then its ready for purifying water....?

Latest Posts

Back