Dale Transparent

Aldi battery charger

Dale Transparent

Not sure if this is suitable, but thought I would let you know about it. £12.99 in Aldi

IMG_20200216_104935.jpg

IMG_20200216_104943.jpg

Iron Giant

A car battery is the same as a leisure battery so it would be suitable I would have thought, but some of the cheaper chargers can charge at slower rate, although fine if like me I just connect my charger and leave it connected all night 

Dale Transparent
27 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

A car battery is the same as a leisure battery so it would be suitable I would have thought, but some of the cheaper chargers can charge at slower rate, although fine if like me I just connect my charger and leave it connected all night 

Thanks @Iron Giant, I already have a charger from Window Cleaning warehouse, hopefully this post will be suitable for someone looking for one.

Iron Giant
4 minutes ago, Dale Transparent said:

Thanks @Iron Giant, I already have a charger from Window Cleaning warehouse, hopefully this post will be suitable for someone looking for one.

No worries, I got told by Tanya about each type of battery being the same when I phoned them as they have the Numax charger that I bought from them listed separately as a Leisure battery charger  also a car battery charger on their site. 

Tango
6 hours ago, Iron Giant said:

A car battery is the same as a leisure battery

Actually they're not!

Car batteries are designed to provide a high Cranking Current but they're not as good at providing lower currents over longer periods. Witht that said, if you were powering a MP3 player from it you'd not have too much hassle. Leisure batteries are designed to provide a stable current / voltage over longer periods - but at a lower current - you won't be starting a car from one though or if you do it won't be for long.

Iron Giant
12 hours ago, Tango said:

Actually they're not!

Car batteries are designed to provide a high Cranking Current but they're not as good at providing lower currents over longer periods. Witht that said, if you were powering a MP3 player from it you'd not have too much hassle. Leisure batteries are designed to provide a stable current / voltage over longer periods - but at a lower current - you won't be starting a car from one though or if you do it won't be for long.

We are talking in terms of charging not usage, so a car battery charger can be used to charge a leisure battery. 

Marko067

I have an Aldi charger very similar in appearance to the one shown. The only problem I’ve had with it is that if my battery drops below a certain voltage (I think it was around 10 volts) it won’t start charging.

I Discovered this when I accidentally left my interior light on over the weekend one time. After trying unsuccessfully with the Aldi charger, I popped my CTek charger on it and It started immediately. Once I’d raised the voltage to above the cut off point the Aldi charger was fine.

dazmond

buy cheap buy twice......get a decent commercial 20amp charger like a numax connect and forget charger esp if you run heaters,twin pumps and electric reels.....

Marko067
55 minutes ago, dazmond said:

buy cheap buy twice......get a decent commercial 20amp charger like a numax connect and forget charger esp if you run heaters,twin pumps and electric reels.....

Good advice!