DeLaCruz

Degreaser on Solar Panel Cleans

DeLaCruz

Got a decent solar panel job coming up soon - was planning on using a degreaser then scrubbing the panels / hosing it off - is using a degreaser on solar panels fine (my gut says it shouldn't do any damage if mixed correctly) - anyone have experience with using Virosol / Ubik type products on these panels ?

scottish cleaning service

I used it but hotwater is better or both. Panels will be fine with it.

Pjj
45 minutes ago, DeLaCruz said:

Got a decent solar panel job coming up soon - was planning on using a degreaser then scrubbing the panels / hosing it off - is using a degreaser on solar panels fine (my gut says it shouldn't do any damage if mixed correctly) - anyone have experience with using Virosol / Ubik type products on these panels ?

I don’t see that it will hurt solar panels but when we used to do large ground mount arrays for the manufacturer they said no chemicals were to be used on them 

scottish cleaning service
1 hour ago, Pjj said:

I don’t see that it will hurt solar panels but when we used to do large ground mount arrays for the manufacturer they said no chemicals were to be used on them 

Would probably affect their guarantee, so their lawyers put that in. If you did and they could prove that then they could sue you.

strech
Posted (edited)

Stay with pure water no chems on solar. it will bite you, if those panels go bad and then the've got someone to blame.

Edited by strech