Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

heres a new add on

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

Local paper tonight.      Hard to believe   Disinfect Driveways,   SCAM 

driveway.jpg

Will people actually want this service    .     Spraying water around a driveway.  

My wife said there was a window cleaner in Edinburgh spraying bus shelters n kids playgrounds for free, which is nice of him. However what concerned me a bit was that his wife had made the 'disinfectant' herself, so my concern was someone using a product that has not been approved for such a use, probably is ok,but is it really proven to be effective n not toxic if left to dry on a surface and touched by kids?

My wife said there was a window cleaner in Edinburgh spraying bus shelters n kids playgrounds for free, which is nice of him. However what concerned me a bit was that his wife had made the 'disinfectant' herself, so my concern was someone using a product that has not been approved for such a use, probably is ok,but is it really proven to be effective n not toxic if left to dry on a surface and touched by kids?
I was going to do the same with bleach and get my baw face in the local paper but I reckon i would have been inundated with work that I couldn't do.

I had contacted local councillor to say I could do the same,as I stay next to two care homes,gp surgery n dentist. Thought I could do this early morning. He has passed my info onto someone else. Not heard anything.ive got some benz lightening cleanse.

There’s really no point in cleaning playground or park equipment as they arnt allowed to be used at the moment anyway all round hear  are taped off and police stopping people from evan going in them , not allowing ones to walk through the parks they are told they have to walk from there houses and not use the park , when questioned the police said parks  are council property and they have a duty of care to stop people congregating and the only way they can do that is to close them down . 

These were going round houses  offering this service.     Police warning people to be  warned .They will just be spraying  Hypo or similar,  And charging over the odds

Hypo would kill it though as corona is a lipid (covered in fatty coating) and bleach would kill that.

but:

1. Why disinfect a driveway?

2. I would want a patch driveway once the half assed spray job has bleached it all patch.

Hypo would kill it though as corona is a lipid (covered in fatty coating) and bleach would kill that.

but:

1. Why disinfect a driveway?

2. I would want a patch driveway once the half assed spray job has bleached it all patch.
I got email back from Benz softwash, I thought you could get away with just spraying lightening cleanse at the low dilution n leave it, but I asked if you would have to wash it down, the answer was yes you would.

You would have to repeat the process on things like handrails,as of course they can be contaminated again. You can only use the chemical outside. 

So wont be trying that as a service,as don't think its very effective for paths n would cost a fair amount in chemical. 

Unless something comes up that really could do with a treatment.

I got email back from Benz softwash, I thought you could get away with just spraying lightening cleanse at the low dilution n leave it, but I asked if you would have to wash it down, the answer was yes you would.

You would have to repeat the process on things like handrails,as of course they can be contaminated again. You can only use the chemical outside. 

So wont be trying that as a service,as don't think its very effective for paths n would cost a fair amount in chemical. 

Unless something comes up that really could do with a treatment.
Would only take some one with the virus to walk past and spit on the floor or cough or sneeze and it's back on a surface that has been cleaned, I think all surfaces need repeat cleaning they even advise it in our own homes even if we are healthy, I have been going around ensuring everything me and wife touch on a regular basis light switches, kettle door handles and so on are been cleaned everyday which is way more than we ever typically would or anyone would. 

Latest Posts

Back