Hose Fittings which one?

Hi,

I saw a window cleaner today and I saw that he had what looked like your standard type hozelock connection to his pole hose.

I'm used to the gardiner o'clamp and ez snap connectors but as with everything it is always interesting to find out other ways to set up your system and see what others use and if there are any improvements to be made.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, A S said:

Hi,

I saw a window cleaner today and I saw that he had what looked like your standard type hozelock connection to his pole hose.

I'm used to the gardiner o'clamp and ez snap connectors but as with everything it is always interesting to find out other ways to set up your system and see what others use and if there are any improvements to be made.

Thanks

I use exceed slick connect. so easy and quick, not a single problem. with the ez snap, was often a problem/pita.

We've always stuck with Hozelock type connectors, they work well and suit man sized hands. In emergency you can pick up a female connector from a garden centre, diy store or many other places. Keep spares in the van of course.

18 hours ago, Martyn said:

We've always stuck with Hozelock type connectors, they work well and suit man sized hands. In emergency you can pick up a female connector from a garden centre, diy store or many other places. Keep spares in the van of course.

Are you using 1/2 inch garden hose then Martyn? I know Claber do a 1/2 quick connect down to 8mm but didn’t know you could get them from garden centre etc. Your general garden ones are 1/2 to 1/2?

3 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

Are you using 1/2 inch garden hose then Martyn? I know Claber do a 1/2 quick connect down to 8mm but didn’t know you could get them from garden centre etc. Your general garden ones are 1/2 to 1/2?

No we use 8mm bore hose but put a short length of half inch on the ends to step up.

56 minutes ago, Martyn said:

No we use 8mm bore hose but put a short length of half inch on the ends to step up.

A couple of these would be easier 

C7265094-C355-4262-BB2C-48969062C7D5.png

7 minutes ago, Pjj said:

A couple of these would be easier 

C7265094-C355-4262-BB2C-48969062C7D5.png

True, but we've always done it that way. Like many I started with 1/2 inch then wised up and moved to a 10mm bore which many guys here use even now. Currently I am using Alex's 8mm stuff which seems pretty decent.